[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

What type of fish is in the middle of CaptiveReefs (top left corner of page...hint it is the main character in Finding Nemo) )

Micro Plugs Available NOW.

Bookmark and Share
    CR Sponsor

Default Micro Plugs Available NOW.

We designed this plug to be our low cost entry product. It was designed for the micro fragger that sells corals by the polyp. It taks up minimal space and is coned. This should help the end user with final placement.

These are sold in 100 count packs for $15. That's right $.15 each. Shipping is $10 whether you order 100 or 1,000 or 10,000. Wholesale is available.

Here is a few pics. We have a few thousand in stock right now and are making more every day. We also have plans for a micro plug holder. It will be textured like a donut with a plug hole like the Big Un. These will be available in about a month. They are both the newest product in our Basic line. These are great for starter frags or nursery corals. Fill up your egg crae and just let the coral grow across the plug. Remove the plug for sale or use it to seed another batch of plugs.

DSC 0351 - Micro Plugs Available NOW.
    DSC 0352 1 - Micro Plugs Available NOW.
    DSC 0350 - Micro Plugs Available NOW.

Here is a picture of the Micro Plugs next to our Frag Station plug. They are identical in weight and the platform is just a tad smaller. The coned plug is the Micro.
    DSC 0355 - Micro Plugs Available NOW.
    DSC 0354 - Micro Plugs Available NOW.

Scott
    The Alternative Reef

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Killer stuff Scott! And I need to order some plugs, just in time!
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Do they sit flus in the frag stations?

CR Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by jimsflies View Post
    Do they sit flus in the frag stations?
    No, they do not. The micro plug is made for the egg crate and acrylic frag holders. They do fit in the Frag Station but not the best. I will take some pictures when I have some time to show how they sit. If I designed the Frag Stations to hold these flush they would not securely hold our Frag Station Plugs and Disks. I may be able to do a small modification to any new Frag Station But that would increase the time it takes to make them increasing the cost. Believe it or not we are trying to make our products as affordable as we can. The Frag Station was designed to be a temporary place to hold your plugs until you are ready to place them in your rockwork or sell the frag. It has evolved to do a lot more but the main purpose is to hold your plugs.

That being said. We will be making holders similar to the Big Uns but smaller and without texture. They will sit flush in these. But I need to make the tool and figure out the process and pricing first. We will also make a Basic Micro Plug Holder that will hold multiple Micro Plugs. These will be either untextured or minimally textured to keep the price down.

Scott
    Last edited by gooch; 05-08-2010 at 07:29 AM.

CR Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by ReeferRob View Post
    Killer stuff Scott! And I need to order some plugs, just in time!
    If your going to the conference hit Bill from Midwest Saltwater up for some. He will have some there. Save yourself the shipping cost.

Scott

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Quote Originally Posted by gooch View Post
    If your going to the conference hit Bill from Midwest Saltwater up for some. He will have some there. Save yourself the shipping cost.

Scott

My thoughts exactly Scott, thanks!
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

CalmSeasQuest - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Thomas
    Awards Nano Contest Winner - Winner of 2012 Nano Contest

Great idea - I'll also pick some up at the conference

CR Sponsor

I better make sure he places a bigger order so he doesn't run out.

If any of you Michiganers that are going to the conference can let me know how many you want I can make sure Bill has them set aside for you. I'll even box em up for ya and put your name on them to make it faster for ya so you can spend more time drooling over the livestock. I wish I could go to the show myself but I have prior commitments.

This is a really good price especially if you do not have to pay shipping so bulk up.

Scott

Scott