[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

What type of fish is in the middle of CaptiveReefs (top left corner of page...hint it is the main character in Finding Nemo) )

Our Macna Donation

Bookmark and Share
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    CR Sponsor

Default Our Macna Donation

Just wanted to give you a look at the MACNA Raffle donation. This is a Phil's Custom Corner Reef Structure. It fits nicely into a 45 gallon Marineland Cube. It will look cool in any tank. It has 13 recessed holes for Premium Plugs or Frag Station Disks. It is also very open so there are almost no dead spots. Lots of places for fish to swim and corals to grow. It looks cool now. Just imagine it full of coral. MSRP on this structure is $250.00 You can win it in the raffle. It is a one of a kind hand made piece.

DSC 0447 - Our Macna Donation
    DSC 0448 - Our Macna Donation

demonclownfish - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Chatbox Menace

Awards Monthly Giveaway Winner

looks like an awesome donation. maybe ill be able to come to this one

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris

^ think its in florida.

Sweet donation gooch!

demonclownfish - Reefkeeper CR Member
    Chatbox Menace

LOL! for some reason i thought it was in MI

CR Sponsor

Next year Macna is in Iowa. Should be close enough for all midwesterners.

Thanks for the compliments on the structure. My worker Phil makes these. I wanted to donate something unique and cool. Lets just say it is something we will never mass produce. I have a sneaking feeling it will be very difficult to ship these. Might actually have to crate them.

I won't lie, I actually got the idea for these from a thread I saw on one of the forums. There is a place where they are taking huge metal structures close to beaches in tourist areas and making reefs. Instead of liverock structures they mount coral fragments to the structure and let the reef create itself. Now we can not put metal structures in our tanks but these should be no problem. The goal is for an openess you don't get with liverock. Water should flow across the entire structure and in time create a nice grown out reef. Instead of dozens of holes for frag plugs we space the holes to give each colony room to grow.

jimsflies - Reefkeeper
    Admin/Founder

First Name
    Jim

Midwest Saltwater had a couple versions of these (one small and one large) at his booth at the MASM conference last month. Very cool. I plan to change things up eventually and add a small one of these to my tank.

CR Sponsor

This is the large one from the conference. It took me a few weeks to find the time to get down to Bills and get it back.

CR Sponsor

In addition to the great raffle item we will also have promotional stuff and FREE samples.

Bumper Stickers while they last. Free
    DSC 0464 - Our Macna Donation

Insulated Tote Bags. These are awesome for coral shopping trips as well as trips to the grocery store. Nice deep pocket. I have been using one every day for two weeks now and it still looks like new. It also has a zippered top. While they last Free with a purchase of any size magnetic Frag Station or Shelf. Excludes Basic Shelf.
    DSC 0463 - Our Macna Donation

T-Shirts while they last. Free with purchase of $135 or more. These are Gildan Ultra Cotton Preshrunk Shirts for the men and Port Company Ladies Essential for the women. I have been wearing these shirts for over a year now. They hold up well. There will be mens and womens sizes. Men Sizes Medium to XXXXL and womens sizes Medium to XX Large. We had lots of people ask about getting these shirts. They are on the way.
    DSC 0043 1 - Our Macna Donation
    DSC 0044 - Our Macna Donation

We will be doing our samples a little differently this year. But in all we will still be giving away over $2100 in propagation supplies at the show. But the free samples will be limited so come to our booth early for the best selection and some free stuff.

Scott

Sir Patrick - Reefkeeper A2 Club Coordinator
    First Name
    Chris

sweet shirt man!!

ReeferRob - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Rob
    Awards Photo of the Month

Its got my name on it!
    "We shouldn't think of an environment where livestock can survive, we should ensure an environment where livestock can thrive."-Rabidgoose
    "If it's gonna be that kinda party, Ima stick my ........ in the mashed potatoes!"-Beastie Boys

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last