[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

What type of fish is in the middle of CaptiveReefs (top left corner of page...hint it is the main character in Finding Nemo) )

Overflow Pillar

Bookmark and Share
    CR Sponsor

Default Overflow Pillar

This bad boy will cover an all/glass aqueon overflow. It is too tall for a 75 but is darn near perfect for a 65/90 or 120 megaflow overflow. This is the only one I have at this size. It is just under 20" tall and 18" wide. It projects 10" into the tank including the overflow.

We put it in a 75 gallon tank at the LFS and it fits that dead space perfectly between the overflow and side wall. It is just too tall for the 75. A few inches would need to be trimmed as it would stick out above the water line. I really wish I would have brought my camera to take a pic. While talking to the owner we both thought it was almost the perfect aquacape for that half of the tank. It left 8" for a sand bed for an open look with maybe a small aquascape.

I will not be able to make another one this size. It didn't fit in any of my kilns. I had to pay a friend to fire it in his monster kiln. It was the only thing in the kiln. I can make them smaller but right now I will not be able to make one as detailed as this for a long time. I can do the hieght with minimal aquasculpting. Or short and beefy. But not tall and beefy.

Bill from Midwest Saltwater will be bringing this to the Midwest Marine Conference for people to check out. Pictures never show everything. That is of course if it hasn't sold by then.

Enjoy the pics and imagine how cool this would look in your tank.

Scott

$400 shipped.
    DSC 0388 1 - Overflow Pillar
    DSC 0389 1 - Overflow Pillar
    DSC 0390 1 - Overflow Pillar

Tom@HaslettMI - Reefkeeper
    First Name
    Tom
    Awards Yugo Award - For helping with the CR Booth at MCES Monthly Giveaway Winner Monthly Giveaway Winner Photo of the Month Tank of the Month

That is super cool. What about a modular system of shorter "beefer" ones that interlock. This would make firing easier and allow any overflow to be covered using the appropriate number of pieces.

Tom

CR Sponsor

Everything in time. I will get things figured out. Summer project once the slowdown comes and inventories are built back up. I also hope to expand and add more kilns so I can increase production. But that might not happen this year.

CR Sponsor

I had to run across town so I stopped in the LFS and snapped some shots of the pillar in a tank. It is a 75 and you can see it is a little too tall for it. It catches on the plastic rim. Otherwise it sits flush against the overflow. Perfect for a 90 or 120. Hide that ugly plastic box. Sorry for the low quality pics. There wasn't a lot of space to take pics in front of the tank.

DSC 0391 - Overflow Pillar
    DSC 0392 - Overflow Pillar
    DSC 0393 1 - Overflow Pillar
    DSC 0394 - Overflow Pillar