Sir Patrick
10-25-2010, 12:09 PM
We could use some help with a few things this year-

Saltwater for the frag swap tank- need upwards of 30 gallons
Heater
A ticket puller/caller for the raffle
Volunteers to stay a little late for clean up
We need bags, jello shot cups, styro containers, ect for the raffle corals

More will be added later! I am sure I am forgeting somthing...

ReeferRob
10-25-2010, 12:10 PM
I can bring 10-15 gallons of pre mixed salt water.

Sir Patrick
10-25-2010, 12:11 PM
Awsome rob!!! Thx!!!

jolson10450
10-25-2010, 12:16 PM
i got a spare 200w glass heater but idk if it will be to big for whats needed i could bring. i can also stay after to help clean up a bit.

XSiVE
10-25-2010, 12:19 PM
I can bring another 5g bucket of water & a heater & a powerhead if you need, I can also come early to help set up and stay late to help clean up.

Sir Patrick
10-25-2010, 12:31 PM
Jolson and xsive- that would be great! Our water will probly be cold when we get to the swap. The bigger the heater, the better!Dont have alot of time to warm it up.

XSiVE
10-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Jolson and xsive- that would be great! Our water will probly be cold when we get to the swap. The bigger the heater, the better!Dont have alot of time to warm it up.

Mine will be mixed and warm.

What time do we need to be there?

Sir Patrick
10-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Set up starts at 11, and swap starts at 12:30. Would be great to have ya there at 11.

Anyone wanting to help set up, let me know, so I can get you 11am access.

jolson10450
10-25-2010, 12:37 PM

ok sounds good, ill test that tank and if it holds and cleans up good i will bring that and the heater with me. i should be there right around 11-11:15ish the day of the swap.

jolson10450
10-25-2010, 12:43 PM
chris another thing to organize possibly is someone to donate some bags/rubber bands to help bag up the coral in the raffle, that would help a lot. i think last year you had to announce on the speaker if we could have someone give up some lol so just trying to prepare head of time.

i have **** cups that i use to put my coral in (urine sample cups) they work great for sps and stuff because you cant crush them and are leakproof (who would wanna get urine on your hands!) i can throw a couple of them in but i do not have that many.

Rabidgoose
10-25-2010, 12:59 PM
Set up starts at 11, and swap starts at 12:30. Would be great to have ya there at 11.

Anyone wanting to help set up, let me know, so I can get you 11am access.

Can I get access? I'm taking some pics and want some early before the masses get in. I will also be available to help out however needed....

...i have **** cups that i use to put my coral in (urine sample cups) they work great for sps and stuff because you cant crush them and are leakproof (who would wanna get urine on your hands!) i can throw a couple of them in but i do not have that many.

New ones I hope....:)

jolson10450
10-25-2010, 01:03 PM
Can I get access? I'm taking some pics and want some early before the masses get in. I will also be available to help out however needed....

New ones I hope....:)

lol yes they are new and sterile in their own packages! i considered dyeing my water yellow because it will not hurt the coral just to see what people say lol

jimsflies
10-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Anyone wanting to help with setup can be at the hall at 10 am...I expect I will have to fold down some round tables and put them in storage...as well as any extra chairs before arranging the tables.

**Although probably 3-4 of us will be able to handle it without getting in each other's way too much.

jolson10450
10-25-2010, 01:41 PM
oh and we need a designated beer girl to serve the vendors because they cannot leave their tables. haha jk jk =)

sdavis43
10-25-2010, 01:48 PM
oh and we need a designated beer girl to serve the vendors because they cannot leave their tables. haha jk jk =)

Great idea i love it!!!!!

vittleking
10-25-2010, 01:50 PM
I will be hunting also that day, but I can show up around 1030ish to help set up, and be back after the sun goes down to help tear down. Also, I live about 10 minutes away tops, so if you want to keep some water at my house the day before, you can do that and have it close to the swap. I have a few heaters laying around you can use also, along with small powerheads and hob filters, air pumps, and the like.

Sir Patrick
10-25-2010, 01:56 PM
Good thinking on the cups jolson!! I forgot (again) about bags/cups/containers!!!

ReeferRob
10-25-2010, 07:40 PM
Good thinking on the cups jolson!! I forgot (again) about bags/cups/containers!!!

Maybe you can get Cherry to donate a box of bags?

John
10-25-2010, 08:42 PM
I get my coral cups from GFS. 50 for $7

jolson10450
10-26-2010, 05:03 AM
I get my coral cups from GFS. 50 for $7

yeah those are nice too. only thing i dont like about them if you drop them they can no longer be used and ur screwed. the **** cups you can punt it and itll still be good. the frag might not be but still, and it has a screw on lid rather than snap on.

jimsflies
10-26-2010, 05:29 AM
Nothing says "high end frag" like one received in a **** cup. :peeing_snow:

jolson10450
10-26-2010, 06:06 AM
Nothing says "high end frag" like one received in a **** cup. :peeing_snow:

hahahah nicee i love the smiley

Paulo
10-26-2010, 06:39 AM
I sent a PM to Jim. I'll be there no vacation for me lol. I, of course, am willing to help. With all this help, looks like it will be a little easier than last year.

Sir Patrick
10-26-2010, 11:07 PM
^ Thats for sure!!!! i am soooo glad you can make it man!!!!

Looks like we found our raffle ticket caller!!

jolson10450
10-29-2010, 06:21 AM
ok so i got my hands on some 4"x6" tall single zip ziplock bags i will be donateing to the raffle and also like 10 **** cups depending on how many we need (would like to use the ziplocks if possible but if there are fragile coral we can use the cups) so that is taken care of, i will also be bringing my 200w glass heater just in case but i decided not to bring the cube tank, it is more hassle than its worth at this point because it requires a lot of cleaning and i dont even know if i will have room with it in my tiny car with everything else i am bringing.

you can scratch the bags off the list. i will get a count on exactly how many i will have and let you know so we can see if that will be enough, i will also be bringing larger bags that are approximately 6"x10" tall i got over 100 of them i know for sure.

one suggestion i do have chris is that you put on there make sure you bring a lunchbag cooler or some other means to hold your coral and keep them warm while you are at the swap waiting for the raffle or if you win something from the raffle and don't purchase anything you will have a place to keep it worm. along with a warm water bottle or something to help keep some heat in it in these cold days.

i lacked this on my first swap experience because i had no idea what i was getting into, so for those new people they could at least get an idea on what they have to bring.

jolson10450
10-29-2010, 10:34 AM
ok i have 34x 4"x6" tall zip bags for the raffle, 10-15 **** cups for hard coral that will fit in them, then i will be bringing around 100 6"x10" zip bags as well so we should be covered on the bags for the raffle, 200w heater for the raffle tank or whatever as well too.

cephalotus
10-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Do you still need anything? I could bring 5 gallons of water or maybe something else.

Sir Patrick
10-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Very nice jolson!!

Ceph- 5 gallons of saltwater would be great!! I am pretty sure I will have room for 5 gallons premixed also- after that we should be good!

Sir Patrick
10-29-2010, 09:46 PM
Also- I think we will have room in my 34 gallon cube for all the frags, and the big one that skyhigh donated! I am bringing my blue glow frag rack! The levels should make it work.