PDA

View Full Version : Tanks, Sumps & Refugiums Coming 75 setup

jerryc
08-10-2005, 02:40 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK i have a 75 to set up it will be awhile yet. But wont to start planing and picking up #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#the items ill need so let me no your opinions ?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The 75 is a reef Reade with corner overflow may have new stand built [ not shear yet ]#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#On the 55 i have for lighting 2*175 MH and 220 watts of VHO#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#for water movement i have 2*600 per hour power heads and a #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#3000 Quiet one pump 780 GPH#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a 29 and a 55 that can be used for a sump depending on witch will fit under the stand#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For skimmer Urchin Pro in sump/with Mag-Drive 5#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I thank about 80 ponds live rock#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Whit do you all thank needs to be upgraded for the 75 and give the things you#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thank will be the most important first to last as i may not be able to do it all at one#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#time?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This will be a mix tank mainly LPS and SPS#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

davejnz
08-11-2005, 12:29 AM
If you can,I'd get it drilled for a closed loop and buy an external pump.If not,I'd add a
few more powerheads like a SEIOS.Water movement is up there with lighting when it comes to a sucessful reef IMO.Looks like you got the one end covered with your lighting.Just need to get a bit more flow.

davejnz
08-12-2005, 09:45 PM
Seems Dakar is using the SEIOS 1500's,i use the 820's and have been happy with it.They provide alot of flow while being able to disperse it so its not too concentrated.My only complaint is there bulky size but they can always be hidden behind the LR/aquascape.For $65,you cant beat a 1500gph PH.A pair of them is what i will probably end up using in my upcoming 75 gal project.

jerryc
08-13-2005, 04:57 AM
I like them to i have a pair of 620 in the 55 but your right i need to up them for the 75
i wont as much as i can get.
thanks jerry

dakar
08-13-2005, 10:17 AM
Did you catch that little blurb about the upcoming Seio 2600's (from my 1500 thead)?

Grab pair of those guys and stick'm in there. No way you could want more flow than that :)

jerryc
08-13-2005, 10:47 AM
#ed_op#P#ed_cl#
Did you catch that little blurb about the upcoming Seio 2600's (from my 1500 thead)? #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Grab pair of those guys and stick'm in there. No way you could want more flow than that :)#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Yes i got that one but mite have to put a top on the tank to keep the water in#ed_op#IMG src="http://www.captivereefing.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/19.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#