PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp Question about shrimp..

lanakai33
08-15-2005, 06:31 PM
How many shrimp is too many shrimp in a 75 gallon reef tank(110 lbs LR,#ed_op#br#ed_cl#lots of caves to hide in)? Wife loves them more than fish, i was#ed_op#br#ed_cl#thinking about 2 cleaners, 1-2 fire, and 3 peppermint shrimp. Any#ed_op#br#ed_cl#future problems with this combo in a tank of this size? Total fish will#ed_op#br#ed_cl#probbaly be about 4. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Also will they eat up my pod population in the tank?#ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Limpit
08-24-2005, 03:09 PM
I would not see why you would have any problems with keeping that many shrimp.
I will tell you that I bought a Fire / Blood Shrimp and IMO it was a wast of money as that I never see it out of the rock to view its great coloration.

zoo-a-holic
09-19-2005, 01:44 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Stick to the cleaners and pepermint. But with that much LR you could put 5 of each and they would prob. never see each other!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

graphixx
09-19-2005, 01:49 PM
you will run into seclusion with the peppermint shrimp, I have 4 of them in my 92 gallon I have had them for a couple of months and have one of them once. Cleaner shrimp are good and when they interact with the fish its great, I would stay away from coral banded shrimp they are meaner than heck and if not fed well they will startin in on the other shrimp. But cleaners are good. sexy shrimp are neat and they travel in packs, blood shrimp are good but pretty reclusive.

carpenterwrasse
09-19-2005, 03:12 PM
My c leaner shrimp ONCE had spawned and it was a sight sure wish they would do that again and be able to keep the young alive

~Mykle~
09-19-2005, 05:46 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I coudlent see a problem with having more shrimp. They would just add to you cleanup crew wouldent they??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

graphixx
09-19-2005, 06:14 PM
yes they would but you want to make sure they have enough to eat or they will turn on the things you do not want them eating