PDA

View Full Version : MASM February Meeting

Rook
01-20-2011, 11:34 AM
MASM's FEBRUARY MEETING

February 19, 2011; Saturday; 3:00 PM until 6:00 ish

Rook's (aka, Jeremy's) House

1421 Kensington Avenue, Grosse Pointe Park, Mi 48230

Join MASM for a bit of a change of pace meeting to 'tour' Rook's reef tank and home and engage in some thought provoking discussions on general tank maintenance and filtration methods. We plan to us my rather lackluster reef tank as a study topic on the success and failures alternative filtration methods, including an exploration of carbon dosing and the use of bio-pellets. You can often see the nicely maintained tank and hear about how said owner uses methods x, y, z; for this meeting we are going to see a tank that is at the begining of trying some new methods, which will be documented after the meeting online so everyone can witness the successes and failures.

There will be no "Speaker" for this event, rather we hope to encourage a brisk discussion amongst the attendees. Some snacks and beverages will be provided.

Any MASM Member or guests that may be interested in becoming a member are welcome, along with our friends from the other Michigan Marine / Reef Clubs.

Oldtimer
01-30-2011, 09:20 PM
Count me in Jeremy. Hard to say no considering you're so close. :)

And

Rook
01-31-2011, 08:33 PM
It will be good to meet ya in person.

mhowe9
02-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Jeremy, I will be there. Looking forward to it.

Rook
02-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Looking forward to seeing everyone. I'll try to put a MASM sign out front (hint hint to Tal or Chad to bring a sign :D ) Feel free to park in the Driveway or on the street (one side only). It is a one car width driveway so keep in mind that you cannot leave until those behind you do.

Should be fun, though I'm not sure what snacks to get yet. Thoughts?

Oldtimer
02-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Ahhh yes, the infamous narrow GP streets. Kensington is actually one of the better ones in the area.

I can bring some chips/salsa... I have to run to the grocery store tomorrow anyway. Wouldn't mind bringing something rather than coming empty handed.

Rook
02-17-2011, 09:50 PM
I wasn't trying to induce people to bring stuff, MASM typically covers some costs and I can handle the rest. I'm more looking for ideas. I can make an awesome cheese dip for nacho chips that is crazy fat loaded. Maybe some mini sandwhiches. I may try to run by the Farms Market and cheat a bit to see what they have ready made - their stuff is always very good.

Oldtimer
02-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Np. I had to offer. Yes, Farms Market is a good stop. They usually have some good dips. Cheese/crackers is always good too. I think they have an avacado dip that's pretty good. I think you can't go wrong with dips and crackers/chips.

Rook
02-17-2011, 10:14 PM
BTW, for those who will be arriving via a GPS system; Don't exit at Chalmers or Harper. Exit either at Cadieux if you are coming from the west or you can exit either at Cadieux or Moross if from the East. GPS always takes a funky route.

Rook
02-18-2011, 04:09 PM
See you all tomorrow. Heading to the store to get some snacks!

fishtal
02-18-2011, 10:43 PM
Everyone is welcome! Come hang out with us and talk fish. :)

mhowe9
02-19-2011, 10:10 AM
Everyone is welcome! Come hang out with us and talk fish. :)

Looking forward to it Tal!

jimsflies
02-19-2011, 10:23 AM
Wished I could make it down there Jeremy. Hope you guys have a good time...post some pics for us afterwards. :)

AJ :)
02-19-2011, 11:03 AM
Good looking day to talk reef and swap some frags too!

Rook
02-19-2011, 10:27 PM
Thanks all for stopping by. Stay tuned for news if the next meeting.