PDA

View Full Version : Reef Aquarium Fish Blind Sailfin Tang

jordn6971
09-10-2005, 12:56 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have an Indian Ocean Sailfin Tang that I've had for over 5 years. Over the past week or two I have noticed he hasbeen eating less and less, and he eats almost nothing now. Most of the time he hovers in one are of the tank and spins in slow circles. He bumps into the glass and liverock a lot, which startles him, and that is whyI think he is blind. He can't find food and even if we put it right in front of his face he doesn't eat. Is there something I can do? Does anyone know the lifespan of these fish? and if it is common for old fish to go blind? Should I simply put him out of his misery?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

PhatBrdr427
09-10-2005, 07:19 PM
I have never heard of something like that happening. I wouldnt know what to do. It is up to you.

dakar
09-10-2005, 11:46 PM
I wouldn't do anything that rash yet... Time to do some research first. Have you intoduced anything new to the tank recently?

~Mykle~
09-22-2005, 01:35 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sorry about that man I love sailfin tangs but I dont know if there is anything you can do! sorry #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

zoo-a-holic
09-22-2005, 01:37 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yep. A new introduction may spark that, have you added anything??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#