PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp Cleaner Shrimp Molting

harmanrk
09-25-2005, 06:27 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"#ed_cl#How often should a cleaner shrimp molt?#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#Since I got mine it has molted twice, nine days apart.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#That seems very soon to be molting again to me, but I thought I would ask.#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

graphixx
09-25-2005, 07:08 PM
when they are first introduced into the tank they will molt. I would say mine molts about once every 4 to 5 months, I think???? But it is totally normal for them to molt once first introduced into the tank. Not to worry

harmanrk
09-25-2005, 07:30 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Since we got him, he has molted twice. On 9/16, and today 9/25#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

graphixx
09-25-2005, 07:37 PM
I would guess he is allright..... have you seen him eat at all?????

harmanrk
09-25-2005, 07:47 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He eats flake like a pig, I have also seen hime take Mysid and Brine shrimp.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

graphixx
09-25-2005, 07:51 PM
aaaahhh yeah you are golden, nothing to worry about. he is just an over achiever and felt it necessary to molt twice :D

FIL
11-10-2005, 09:15 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a cleaner that used to hide in a tank with a trigger and damsels, it would only come out at night. Then I moved it to a different tank and he molted twice in about 2 weeks. My guess it was feeling better cause it didnt have to hide in the other tank. Streaker...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

carpenterwrasse
11-12-2005, 11:08 AM
I have 2 in my tank one is out all the time the other hides until dinner time.then he might make an appearance