I recently acquired (about two months ago) two Bangaii Cardinals frommy
local salt water fish store. Apparently these are tank raisedand
were sold back to the store when the owner decided to break downhis
'big' tank in favor of a small tank. Anyway, both fish seemto be
doing extremely well...#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#The
other day I noticed that one of the Cardinals wasn't eating.So I
watched him for awhile and when he turned toward me he opened hismouth;
and there was a full egg sac! Anyway, I'm not reallyinterested in
raising Cardinals if I have to relocate them to anothertank.
However it would be cool if a couple survived.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#Any and all suggestions would be welcome!#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#90 gallon reef tank#ed_op#br#ed_cl#130 lbs of live rock#ed_op#br#ed_cl#1 Torch Coral#ed_op#br#ed_cl#1 Frogspawn Coral#ed_op#br#ed_cl#1 Bubble Coral#ed_op#br#ed_cl#1 Finger Leather Coral#ed_op#br#ed_cl#Several different types of Soft Corals (zooanthids, polyps, etc...)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#1 Coral Beauty#ed_op#br#ed_cl#1 Lawnmower Blenny#ed_op#br#ed_cl#3 Clowns#ed_op#br#ed_cl#1 Hippo Tang#ed_op#br#ed_cl#2 Bangaii Cardinals#ed_op#br#ed_cl#1 Royal Gramma#ed_op#br#ed_cl#2 Cleaner Shrimp#ed_op#br#ed_cl#1 Fire Red Shrimp#ed_op#br#ed_cl#and a fairly diverse cleanup crew#ed_op#br#ed_cl#

perpetual98
09-30-2005, 12:27 PM
There was a member here named David (I'm not sure if he's still around) who used to breed/raise BC's. I think that you have to keep your eyes on the male (the one with the eggs/fry) in his mouth and at a certain point, you have to get the little ones out of the tank and into their own tank. From there, I'm not sure what you need to do. I don't know if they need rotifers at that point or if they can survive on baby brine shrimp.

zoo-a-holic
09-30-2005, 06:02 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think they are the same as percula babys. I think they have to be fed like every 2 hours for the first week of their life. But i could be wrong#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

graphixx
09-30-2005, 10:47 PM
you want to set up a 10 gallon tank just a basic set up. put a sponge filter in it and take the male and put him in the tank. when the fry are hatched and free swimming remove the parent. you also want to put like a plastic plant or something they can use as a psudo-shelter. the best food to feed them is brine shrimp. they are tricky fish. your first week to ten day will be great. the fry are alert swimming and eating. and at about a week or 10 days you will start to lose some. no one know why. you also want to do like 2 gallon water changes every 3 or 4 days also. but breeding these fish is quite easy. the hardest part about bangai's is the initial sexing of the pair. and the easiest way to do this is to buy a group of 4 or 5 of them and watch them. you will get 2 fish that pair up and will literally terrorize the other bangai's that is your mated pair. after they are sexed you want to remove the other bangai's or the pair will torment and sometimes kill the others.

I hope this helped :D good luck and congrats!!!!