PDA

View Full Version : Tanks, Sumps & Refugiums New tank set up

586danh
10-02-2005, 09:45 AM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi new to saltwater and have a few questions about my planned set up. This is what I have so far. 90 gallon tank with a wet/dry sump protein skimmer and a fluidized filter 2 powerheads Here is my planned set up 90 overflow into sump, pump that up to 20 gallon refugium w/ some liverock and sand and have the overflow back into show tank. Would like to now how this sounds and what kind of lighting I should have. Hoping to have reef/fish set-up. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

flame
10-02-2005, 10:35 AM
Since you are just starting you might think about drilling and not using an over flow. Just for one less failure point IMO.

graphixx
10-02-2005, 12:13 PM
I would agree on the drilling, you can do an over flow but drilling makes for a cleaner and more efficient system. Now your going to drain out of the tank into the sump and then go to 2 sumps?? If I am correct in this........ I would suggest that you combine your sump and refugium and return into one tank. If you have a stand
I would get as big a tank you can fit under your stand and combine your sum,refugium and return all in one. this is a alot better for space and simplifys your system. I hope that made sense. :D