PDA

View Full Version : Fragging Zoas

zoo-a-holic
10-05-2005, 10:03 AM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am wanting to frag some of my zoas. They have NO stem. It is like they are just jelly on a rock. Angel... or anyone for that matter, can you tell me how to frag these little buggers??? If you need me too, i will post a pic.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

graphixx
10-05-2005, 11:15 AM
you want to scrape them off as close to the rock as possible. even if you can chip a little of the rock away that is even better. but zoo's are very easy to frag. when you get them cut away just put a small drop of superglue on the rock you want them on and sit them on there for about 15 to 30 seconds and then put them back in the water. they are pretty tough little buggars. I have yet to kill a zoo when fragging and I have fragged literally hundreds of them.

zoo-a-holic
10-05-2005, 01:12 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It makes me nearvous to scrape them... I guess i will have to try though! This is a pic of them. See what i mean by they are like a jell on the rock!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG alt="image file name: 2k017029d3b0.jpg" src="http://www.captivereefing.com/richedit/upload/2k017029d3b0.jpg" border=0#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

graphixx
10-05-2005, 01:22 PM
yep just get as close to the base as possible and if you can scrape off some rock even better. and when you get them fragged make sure to send some a couple of polyps.

zoo-a-holic
10-05-2005, 01:25 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol, i will be sure to do that!! haha. what should i use as a scraping tool?? an olfa knife blade????#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Also, what do you think of these zoas???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

graphixx
10-05-2005, 01:27 PM
those zoo's are beautifull, and as for a knife you can use an exacto hobby knife they work good for me.

zoo-a-holic
10-05-2005, 01:33 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ok. ya i deffinitly cant break off part of the rock. also, should i frag them in a bucket?? thanks for the good compliment!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

graphixx
10-05-2005, 01:56 PM
yeah you can do that. I personally just get a towel and pour some tank water on it. and frag them there. But it only takes me less than a minute to frag but either way I think you should be fine. zooanthids are tough little buggars.

zoo-a-holic
10-05-2005, 01:58 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ya. i agree. i fragged some of the ones that i have with longer stems but none like these ones!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#