PDA

View Full Version : Lighting catalina aquariums

Soonerfan12
10-06-2005, 11:58 AM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana size=2#ed_cl#I have ordered a Halide retro kit from #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.aquauniverse.com,/" target=_blank#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#000088 size=2#ed_cl#www.aquauniverse.com,#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana size=2#ed_cl# It comes with these catalina aquarium bulbs they claim are german made and awsome? well i called and they can't even tell me who actually makes the bulbs, I'm sure this small company in sacramento doesn't have a manufacturing plant so im kind off questioning the qaulity. I'm putting the lights on a new tank that is going to not have many if any corals for about 8 months anyway, and by then i can replace these bulbs if i have to. I'm just curious if anyone out there has used these bulbs with success and continues to purchase the bulbs every year, or does anyone have any kind of info on the bulbs like possibly the par value or related info. the retro price with the ballasts i couldnt beat but the bulbs concern me- I have 3 250w 15,000k bulbs in a 72"fixture on a 150 gallon reef tank(hopefully), the lights will be 8" of the water and the tank is 26"deep, i have 4 4"fans and no chiller, if this sounds absurd please let me know.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Fishez
10-06-2005, 08:32 PM
I ordered a 2x250w retro kit from them about a year ago and they sent me 175w bulbs instead of 250w and I called them repetedly and they would not work with me in any way. I even offered to send them back at my own expence but they said If I wanted 250w bubls that I would have to buy them.... long story short I bought 2 250w bulbs from a different retailer and had to spend $114 more than I should have. Hope they send you what you ordered...

dakar
10-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Sooner be sure to let us know how your experience goes with them, good, bad, or indefferent. If your experience is similar to Fishez we need to get the word out. Post it in the Vendor's Review forum, if it's particularly bad experience an email directing them to the thread putting them in a bad light may carry some weight in getting any problems resolved.