PDA

View Full Version : Crabs, Urchins & Starfish update on my strawberry tunicate

graphixx
10-12-2005, 01:11 PM
Well about a week ago as most of you know I picked up some goodies and one was a strawberry tunicate. These have a reputation as being hard to keep since they rely totally on the nutrients in the water colum. Well I am happy to announce that I finally found him a spot in the tank that he likes and has been there for a couple of days. The first day I put him in he dropped his heads which is normal. but I was suprised to see that the new heads are allready starting to come in. The stalks are very rigid and seems to be doing well. Also the capanella is adjusting good and I cannot bieleve how much my maxima clam is growing. but so far so good.

Just thought I would share this
graphixx

dakar
10-12-2005, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the update... maybe next time I stumble into one of those I won't pass it up. Being that cool blue color gives them another benefit, aside from our linkia star we have nothing that color in the tank :)

graphixx
10-12-2005, 01:19 PM
oh he looks to nice in my tank he is right in the center mid height, really adds a nice focal point to the tank. I rescaped the tank a couple of days ago to give it more of a spread out look. you can see a lot of the corals and zoo's and what not a lot more. I have been trying to get some vertical lines in the tank. I cant wait till the corals start growing and giving it more veritcal lines. I am going to add the monti I picked up and the staghorn also. I want to frag a tiny piece of the staghorn first before I put him in.

jerryc
10-12-2005, 03:34 PM
Good to no its doing will I'd like the look of them if you still have it in 6 months
ill give one a try
Just got john talked in to doing me some more Acan frags and i got to pick
2 of them this time. Last time he just let me have the ones he wonted to
frag

graphixx
10-12-2005, 03:47 PM
awesome, I only have like 5 frags of mine left, they sold soooo quick, I have these set aside for special swapping. And the Enchinatas I have are growing good as well and have only had them a week or so.

Sweetpea
10-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Well about a week ago as most of you know I picked up some goodies and one was a strawberry tunicate...Well I am happy to announce that I finally found him a spot in the tank that he likes and has been there for a couple of days. The first day I put him in he dropped his heads which is normal. but I was suprised to see that the new heads are allready starting to come in. The stalks are very rigid and seems to be doing well...

oh he looks to nice in my tank he is right in the center mid height, really adds a nice focal point to the tank. I rescaped the tank a couple of days ago to give it more of a spread out look. you can see a lot of the corals and zoo's and what not a lot more. I have been trying to get some vertical lines in the tank. I cant wait till the corals start growing and giving it more veritcal lines...

That sounds nice! Would you mind sharing some photos? Please?
Since I am nearly ready to move beyond fish, shrimp, and crabs I am thinking more about how I would like to mature the look of my tank. (Plus, I'd really like to see this strawberry tunicate!)

graphixx
10-12-2005, 04:34 PM
Forum: http://www.captivereefing.com/viewforum.php?f=19 General Reef Topics
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:04 pm
Subject: finally got my new ballast (and a few more goodies) http://www.captivereefing.com/viewtopic.php?p=12809

sweetpea that is the post that has the pics of my strawberry tunicate. the pics do not do it justice. they are so awesome. I think I am going to buy a new camera also bow fronts are hard to take pics of. they seem to distort stuff.