PDA

View Full Version : looking for a small lookdown viewer DIY

jolson10450
05-17-2011, 08:28 PM
looking to see if anyone has a link to make a small lookdown viewer roughly 3" round only so it needs to be small. i want to use this for taking pictures in my small frag tank so i want it 3" diameter roughly and 3" tall. i was thinking of just taking some PVC and painting it black then just getting a piece of acrylic and using a jigsaw to cut it round and use some weld-on or some other acrylic bonder to seal it but i wasnt to sure if there is an easy way to do it or not.

the black paint is so it doesn't reflect the LEDS

Heidi
05-18-2011, 11:43 AM
I am not sure if there is a diy somewhere, but I would do exactly what you said with a 3 inch pvc painted or you may even be able to find a piece that is black already. I see black pvc at lowes, not sure what people use it for in real life but that would save you a couple steps of sanding and painting the pvc. Make a thread once it is done I am guessing you are gonna use it to stick just your camera lens in?
Heidi

2pairs
05-18-2011, 01:52 PM
Yep just make one up, but use a flush cut bit on a router it will give you a nice smooth edge.

jolson10450
05-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Yep just make one up, but use a flush cut bit on a router it will give you a nice smooth edge.

i don't have access to a router i was thinking instead of glueing it inside that i would cut a square then epoxy it to it, then when i see it has no leaks just trim around the edge of the pvc, unlike most you see where it is actually inserted into the tube