PDA

View Full Version : Reef Aquarium Fish HELP MY SMALL CHROMIS DISSAPEARED LAST SEEN 1 WEEK AGO

mattsfishin2989
10-29-2005, 10:50 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK THAT FISH IS NOT IN THE TANK NO CLUE WHERE HE IS HE WAS PRETY SMALL UMM DOES ANYONE NO IF MY ANGEL OR CLOWN MAY HAVE EATEN HIM OR SEA URCHIN ANY HELP WOULD BE HELPFUL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

KG
10-30-2005, 08:38 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'd say something cleaned it up. Wouldn't worry unless you suspect there's ammonia present.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#KG#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

73stang
11-01-2005, 11:07 AM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What size is your tank? I ahve a large system with almost 1000lbs of live rock. When first starting, I had 4 percula clowns I put in. At night they went into the rocks and vanished. One showed up in my sum almost 3 months later, still alive, the others I ahve never seen again. I assumed they starved and died back in the rock system or something. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The one that showed in my sump I put back in the tank, bought a partner for him/her, and they took up residence in my purple tip anemone. They even spawned last month!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

mattsfishin2989
11-02-2005, 12:41 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hey wats up i only have a thirty gallon right now with a power thirty filter and about 60 pounds of live rock and the big chromis is still swimmin around but the little one has dissapeared and i have lifted up every rock and hes not in the filter.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

dakar
11-02-2005, 01:04 PM
Sounds like some other critters may have had about a $5 dinner.... chromis are quite bold tempered and seldom go hiding for more than some shuteye.

We've got 11 of these guys (they look really sharp in a school and help draw others out of hiding as well), but every one makes a prompt appearance when the dinner bell rings, or if one of us happens to walk by they tank and they even think it's time to eat for that matter.