PDA

View Full Version : Coral Extacy!

MizTanks
09-12-2011, 07:05 PM
2 months ago while surfing for some coral food I came upon this sight

http://stores.aquaculturenurseryfarms.com/-strse-57/CORAL-EXTACY-1-oz/Detail.bok

I bought the 4oz jar of Coral Extacy and have been using it bi-weekly ever since. My corals love it.

jimsflies
09-12-2011, 11:08 PM
Coral Frenzy makes a similar product.

Sir Patrick
09-12-2011, 11:58 PM
I think we need a video of feeding time- to see it in action!!

MizTanks
09-12-2011, 11:58 PM
Coral Frenzy makes a similar product.

They sure do ;) tad bit of a price difference by weight.

MizTanks
09-13-2011, 12:11 AM
I think we need a video of feeding time- to see it in action!!

How do I video my corals eating? It's not like they use a spoon! Lol

Coral Frenzy
09-13-2011, 12:25 PM
Like all of our other competitors; they do not put their independent nutritional analysis on their jar, they don't put their manufactured date on the jar, and their product doesn't contain salmon roe or oyster larvae(which is a HUGE cost factor). I would like to know what "more" is when it comes to ingredients. We list out everything, so there is no guessing.

As far as pricing goes; our salmon roe and oyster larvae is dried in a low temperature drum drier in small batches. This is not very cost effective but it is the only way to keep nutritional integrity.

While we have never seen or heard of this product we do wish them the best of luck. Their wording is almost identical to what we had on our original website years ago when we first started.

bigbill
09-13-2011, 12:28 PM
Like all of our other competitors; they do not put their independent nutritional analysis on their jar, they don't put their manufactured date on the jar, and their product doesn't contain salmon roe or oyster larvae(which is a HUGE cost factor). I would like to know what "more" is when it comes to ingredients. We list out everything, so there is no guessing.

As far as pricing goes; our salmon roe and oyster larvae is dried in a low temperature drum drier in small batches. This is not very cost effective but it is the only way to keep nutritional integrity.

While we have never seen or heard of this product we do wish them the best of luck. Their wording is almost identical to what we had on our original website years ago when we first started.
i use your stuff like clock work and when i for get to add it i can see a diff in growth in my sps and zoas keep up the good work

Coral Frenzy
09-13-2011, 02:03 PM
i use your stuff like clock work and when i for get to add it i can see a diff in growth in my sps and zoas keep up the good work

Thank you very much. We try our best. :)

MizTanks
09-13-2011, 02:59 PM
I'm reviewing a product I have personal experience with. My fish love it-my corals since I started using it have shown great growth and color. My zoa population has doubled. Having fed them last night I paid special attention to my acros polyp extension, it was crazy! My Flame Scallop reacted instantly as did my new clam. Bottom line for this product review by me is, I'm very happy and satisfied with Coral Extacy :)

Coral Frenzy
09-13-2011, 04:28 PM
I would have never commented in this thread had you not mentioned the price difference and added a wink. I was simply explaining some of the things that factor into the difference in price.

Sir Patrick
09-13-2011, 11:00 PM
I am a firm beleiver in consistance, disclosure to the customer, and pride in quality.

I will stick with the coral frenzy.

A quick comparison quickly brings to mind the term "knock off".

Not saying it isnt good, but just adding my 2 cents.

MizTanks
09-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Sorry but from what all I've read and heard I'm getting just as good results for less $$$.

jimsflies
09-14-2011, 10:49 AM
I invited Coral Frenzy to comment on here by tagging him in my post above. I know that Coral Frenzy makes a quality product which I imagine fills a similar niche to the Coral Extacy you are using. I don't know how much price difference there is between the two products, however I feel the added quality and the fact he is an active part of our community warrants consideration when other members are deciding which product to purchase. Coral Frenzy's support helps CR keep the processors running and contests rolling.

Your review is appreciated and I am glad that you are having success with the product.

slapshot
09-14-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm a Coral Frenzy user. Good stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MizTanks
09-15-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm a Coral Frenzy user. Good stuff.

Have you used anything else?

MizTanks
09-15-2011, 05:51 PM
Def won't be writing a review of any non sponsor products again. :stupidme:

XSiVE
09-15-2011, 05:54 PM
I appreciate the info Miz, keep up the review of products you are using. I have tried Coral Frenzy in the past, Im currently trying out Reef Chili to see if the response is any different.

MizTanks
09-15-2011, 06:01 PM
I invited Coral Frenzy to comment on here by tagging him in my post above. I know that Coral Frenzy makes a quality product which I imagine fills a similar niche to the Coral Extacy you are using. I don't know how much price difference there is between the two products, however I feel the added quality and the fact he is an active part of our community warrants consideration when other members are deciding which product to purchase. Coral Frenzy's support helps CR keep the processors running and contests rolling.

Your review is appreciated and I am glad that you are having success with the product.

Maybe Aquaculture Nursery Farms would be interested in sponsorship :)

jimsflies
09-15-2011, 06:27 PM

I like to take the opportunity to give our sponsors a chance to promote their products. I have tried to cover most bases with our sponsorship coverage and when I see a product that we should have here, I try my best to get them on board.

Coral Frenzy
09-15-2011, 08:54 PM

Definitely don't stop doing reviews of products, whether a sponsor or not. The only way people learn is through others. All companies need to know that there is competition or they become lazy and don't keep improving.

slapshot
09-16-2011, 08:18 AM
Have you used anything else?

Everything else. Seriously, everything. I use mire than most because of my Azoox corals. But, I started with Frenzy and still use it. Is it better or worse I dont know. Like I said.......good stuff.

Heidi
09-21-2011, 04:13 PM

No Miz DON'T ever stop! You have a right to review a product and speak your mind. A sponsor or not, reef forums need to have good reviews of good products.

Definitely don't stop doing reviews of products, whether a sponsor or not. The only way people learn is through others. All companies need to know that there is competition or they become lazy and don't keep improving.

+1000000000000 ;)

I like to take the opportunity to give our sponsors a chance to promote their products. I have tried to cover most bases with our sponsorship coverage and when I see a product that we should have here, I try my best to get them on board.

I agree that you do this Jim, however respectfully I think that we need not have sponsors popping in on Review threads, of a competing product, it just doesn't seem right to me.

P.S. I use Oyster Feast, Coral Frenzy and Rods... :shifty: awesome combination imo.

Heidi

Flynnstone
09-24-2011, 06:17 PM
i believe that all products should be reviewed, it keeps a level playing field
i believe that Coral Frenzy is not afraid, but boasts on their quality ingrediants, others shy away
i know Coral Frenzy helps my coral grow.
i know i will keep my money invested in a Michigan company rather than an Texas company.

Kia, Honda, ect may get you where you want to go. but dont complain that your neighborhood looks like a dump.

CableGuy
09-25-2011, 12:54 AM
** I use Coral Frenzy and have great results. I've never tried this other stuff but I think I might now. **

I am a firm beleiver in consistance, disclosure to the customer, and pride in quality.

I will stick with the coral frenzy.

A quick comparison quickly brings to mind the term "knock off".

Not saying it isnt good, but just adding my 2 cents.

So are Honda, Toyota and Kia (etc etc) all knock off's of Chevy and Ford? I mean, they did make the first cars on earth.

I invited Coral Frenzy to comment on here by tagging him in my post above. I know that Coral Frenzy makes a quality product which I imagine fills a similar niche to the Coral Extacy you are using. I don't know how much price difference there is between the two products, however I feel the added quality and the fact he is an active part of our community and a sponsor warrants consideration when other members are deciding which product to purchase. Coral Frenzy's support helps CR keep the processors running and contests rolling.

Fixed...

Seriously... :doh::doh:

MizTanks
09-25-2011, 03:59 AM
You won't use food imported from another state but you'll put corals and fish that are from other countries into your tanks? All your car parts are made in MI and the US right? Do you get all your tank equipment from MI? From the US? UGH!!!

Heidi
09-25-2011, 06:45 AM
This thread is just getting silly now... Better not be dissing on Toyota. They have more care plants that employ americans then most of the big three now... Just saying :D. And the make it beyond 150000 all the time without issues.
Heidi

jimsflies
09-25-2011, 07:31 AM
** I use Coral Frenzy and have great results. I've never tried this other stuff but I think I might now. **

Fixed...

To me, this is about supporting something you enjoy ...Assuming you enjoy hanging out on CR?

CR is completely free...well almost. Like mama said, "nothing is completely free". In the interest of full disclosure....Here is how CR and nearly every forum on the internet works...just in case you may not know:

The sponsors pay a few dollars which covers our expenses and they also donate prizes for the contests we have here on CR. When you spend a few of your reefing dollars with our sponsors, that in turn supports us with no direct expense to you. How great of an arrangement is that? ...You get to do something you enjoy for "free" and spend money you were going to spend anyways. However, if a sponsor doesn't make enough sales here on CR, they move on to another venue and their prizes and support with them.

I look out for our sponsor's interest to help them be as successful as possible. So yeah, I guess it is "fixed".

I don't like to prevent members with dissenting opinions from voicing them, so I will leave this thread open for the remainder of today. But given how far off track this has gotten, from the original product review, I will close it later this evening.

CableGuy
09-25-2011, 10:22 AM
As I said Jim, I have the biggest jar of CF that is sold. I love the stuff and I support them, in turn supporting CReefs.

This thread is just getting silly now... Better not be dissing on Toyota. They have more care plants that employ americans then most of the big three now... Just saying :D. And the make it beyond 150000 all the time without issues.
Heidi

I wasn't talking about if they are dependable or not, they down right "knocked off" Ford and Chevy. Thats all I was saying.