PDA

View Full Version : Water Treatment Jebo Odyssea protein skimmers

csg148
01-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Hello, I have another question to pick at everyones brain. I currently have a Prizm hang-on protein skimmer. It has never worked very well in my opinion, but now after cleaning it all it is doing is blowing bubbles into my tank. None of the bubbles are reaching the collection cup. I have tweaked it to death and all it does is blow more bubbles into my tank. Therefore I have gone looking for a cheap substitution (it couldn't have broken at a more inopportune time). I have discovered a Jebo Odyssea PS75 protein skimmer, but I cant find anything about that brand. I found a web site that sells equipment for that company and everything is more than half the price of the same thing from any other company. So my question, has anyone heard of this brand and what is your opinion? Thank you again.

ReefNeck
01-10-2006, 08:24 PM
Complete Junk!!

Made in China, No warranty and total Crap! Do not waste your money!

Get a Coralife Super Skimmer. I just got one and it's amazing. Not as cheap (pun intended) but well worth the money.

If you do a google search on different forums you will find the horror stories about all of the "Jebo" products.

Reptoreef
01-10-2006, 11:54 PM
IMO, any skimmer is just for a collection/reaction chamber... Jebo's are no different. However, how they are powered is a whole different story... you can boost the efficiency of nearly ANY venturi protein skimmer with the simple addition of a needle wheel pump such as the ocean runners, sedras, eheims, Gen X, etc. Personally, I have and continue to use the prior "Jebo" pc's(now called "odyseas") and have not had any problems to speak of. You will get what you generally pay for so I do recommend a decent needlewheel skimmer such as the superskimmer, ASM, EuroReef, etc. My favorite is the ASM.

jerryc
01-11-2006, 05:48 AM
All or almost all cheap skimmers come out underpowered so you end up
spending more $$$ for a better pump. So in the end you have the cost
of some of the better skimmers in a cheap one

chrisd71
01-19-2006, 02:12 PM
Hi
I just got one of those and its working perfect. Its worth to get one.