PDA

View Full Version : Building a power supply

jstan
09-27-2012, 05:37 PM
So I have a project I wanna start up in the basement. ssshhhhh!
But I need to know is it possible to build a constant current power supply that only generates around .1 watts ( yes that's .1watt not 1watt, 1watt is way to much) to .3watts max, when turned on.

And if that's possible could the electricity needed, come from solar cells?

So that's about all I can go into right now. So all you electric guru's on the site help me figure this one out.

Thanks Jason

RedfordReefer
10-01-2012, 07:51 PM
.1 watts is 5V at .02 Amps. I am sure you can design a circuit that will run that without a problem. I can talk to my professor at school and have him draw something up.

MizTanks
10-01-2012, 10:22 PM
.1 watts is 5V at .02 Amps. I am sure you can design a circuit that will run that without a problem. I can talk to my professor at school and have him draw something up.

Hi RedfordReefer!!! Glad to see you hanging out with us :)

RedfordReefer
10-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Hi MiZ! Good to be back! Thank you!

jstan
10-03-2012, 10:29 PM
That would be great !!!!!!!!!!, I'm not in any real big hurry, so whenever.
I can wire, solder, follow directions, ect ect...but the figuring out what goes where and this ='s that, over my head. Math and circuit design were never my thing. But I can rewire a garage from the floor up :) Go figure.

tazzy695
10-12-2012, 08:50 PM
here is the big question how many volts do you want to run at .1 watt and how many amps you need all three to figure exactly what kind of transformer and what not you need this is the first part

the second part would be you want to power this with solar cell which is entirely possible may want a buffer like a rechargeable battery or a capacitor in between the solar and the power supply