PDA

View Full Version : Reef Aquarium Fish new fish?

Sweetpea
03-04-2006, 12:04 PM
I am in the process of setting up my 20g... I would love some suggestions about some new fish for it. Of course, Marlin will make the move, and I know he will get a lot bigger than he is now. I am good about keeping on top of the water quality in the 10g, but the 20g will have an AquaC Remora skimmer rated to 75g! I think I have a little bit of room for bending the stocking rules! :cool:

I think I'd like to get a sand sifter, such as a diamond goby, but I'd really like a jawfish. I don't know about having two bottom dwellers in a small tank. Also, I wonder if they could hold their own against Marlin?

I would like to get a "swimmer" ... Marlin pretty much stays in his nem, so I'd like to have a fish that's a busy swimmer. Again, it needs to be small with a big personailty.

I really appreciate any comments!

(Also, is there a good reef safe "janitor" type starfish that would be happy in a 20g?)

graphixx
03-04-2006, 12:22 PM
I would get a type of gobie, they are good sand sifters, and a lawnmower blenny may not be the prettiest fish in the tank but they have one of the neatest personalities of any fish I have ever kept. and as for another swimmer, you could go with like a small wrasse or a damsel (yes I said damsel, they can get mean but they are pretty and they are small) a spotted hawkfish they are pretty neat.