PDA

View Full Version : LG Hawaiian Feather Duster ?'s

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
03-06-2006, 08:14 PM
I have a large Hawaiian feather duster who's tube is attached to a large piece of live rock. Is it possible to remove it from this rock? (I need to cook this rock but I don't want to kill the duster) This is one tough feather duster. I accidently pulled him out of his tube about a year ago or so when I was reaquascaping and he blew his top off and crawled under this rock. It grew back it's feather top and built a new tube very quickly. A lot people told me it would die, but it didn't.

How would I move it? Has anyone done this successfully?

The reason I want to cook the rock is because it is covered with hundreds of !@#$% blue / purple mushrooms. I have scrubbed this rock so many times I could scream. Kalk past didn't work either. I hate mushrooms!!!!!

Thanks,
Angie

Sweetpea
03-06-2006, 09:10 PM
I don't have any real advice, but I wanted to let you know that I tried to move one of my dusters... once. He is stuck tight in that rock! Is it a rock you can't do without? Perhaps you could take the whole thing in to your LFS ... mine would charge an arm and a leg for a rock covered in shrooms with a duster too!

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
03-06-2006, 11:19 PM
Here are some pics of the rock with the mushrooms and the duster. I forgot there are also pink star polyps on this rock too. My LFS wouldn't give me much for the rock. They are very high priced, but when it comes to trading, selling, or getting instore credit for stuff, they are cheap.

Reef_Angel
03-07-2006, 12:05 AM
Wow Angie! I love the mushroom rock. Would you be willing to trade something for it? I'd gladly take it off your hands! I don't have any mushrooms, and I'd really like to put them in my pony tank. I'd like them in the 180 to, but for some reason they just don't grow good in there. I think I have like 2 of the ones you gave me way back when. Let me know. Call me, or send me your number again, and I'll call you!

Sweetpea
03-07-2006, 12:16 AM
WOW! What a beautiful rock!!! Your LFS lost a good deal! I surely wouldn't mind having it! :-)

ReefNeck
03-07-2006, 09:39 AM
Don't kill the mushrooms! Many people would trade you a live rock just as large and even save your feather duster for you!

I know I would be glad to trade rocks with you and remove the feather duster for you if I didn't live so far away!

You can peel the feather dusters tube off the rock very slowly and carefully. I have done it many times with one of mine. He will reattach to whatever location you place his tube.

I'd trade it with Angel if I were you. That's one nice rock!