PDA

View Full Version : Flow & Plumbing !@#%* powerhead suction cups

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
10-26-2004, 03:03 PM
Grrrr, how do you guys get your power heads to stay in place? Mine keep falling and sliding down. They keep falling no matter what I do. I'm getting sick of the sandstorms when they land in the sand bed. Any way to KEEP them in place?

Thanks,
Angie

davejnz
10-26-2004, 03:17 PM
I've used acrylic brackets or the hangers that come with MJ1200's.Sometimes if you can secure the cord to the canopy it will help hold it in place when the suction cups inevitably fail.

Reptoreef
10-26-2004, 08:36 PM
Clip the cord to the side/ edge of the tank... I've never had a problem after doing that... Sorry, best I've got.

dakar
10-26-2004, 09:50 PM
We have a stick of that underwater epoxy, that'd hold 'em still for a while.

Seriously, if you tape the cord to a pipe, or attatch it to anything solid that'll help.

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
10-26-2004, 10:37 PM
I used zip ties and eye hooks. Hopefully that will keep them in place. At least if they come loose, they can't go anyplace.

Thanks everyone for the advise. When ever i get the funds to get the 180 up and running I won't have any power heads. My hubby is going to make spray bars. I already have them drawn out and planned. I can't wait. It will be a year or so, but I will get there. :lol:

Grandmaster_Toad
10-26-2004, 10:38 PM
Ditto.... either some plastic or acrylic u brackets, or attaching the cord to hood.
Both techniques work for me
GT