PDA

View Full Version : LPS feeding pics

davejnz
05-07-2006, 10:35 AM
I was feeding some corals this morning and decided to snap a few pics.The first pic is a Blastomussa wellsi right after it captured some food.The next pic is the same coral only 1min later(talk about a fast eater).The last pic is a Manicina areolata(Caribbean Rose Brain)taking in a piece of mysis shrimp.

lReef lKeeper
05-07-2006, 11:33 AM
nice feeding pics Dave !!

davejnz
05-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Thanks Bobby,Its been a month or so since I've broken out the old digi to take some coral shots.I actually had a little motivation this morning so i cleaned the glass up real good,I still havn't done a a waterchange yet though.If i still have the same motivation this afternoon,I'll siphon out the detritus off the BB/starboard and try to take a full tank pic.I think its about time i update my 75 project log thread anyways,the tank is now 3 months old and maturing nicely.

jerryc
05-07-2006, 12:01 PM
Good pics Dave, Howe often do you feed your LPS i feed ever 3 or 4 days
used to feed more but after a brown algae or datum outbreak i cut it back

I got some LPS frags not long ago, that have some hair algae on them i don't
see at the time. Don't no whit to do. I'm keeping them isolated and removing
it as i can hopping it will go away

dsfdbutterfly
05-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Love the pics Dave. Good shots. Glad u got the motivation :)

Angie

davejnz
05-07-2006, 01:02 PM
Jerry,I would feed every day if i got that motivation thing going.On the average though,I'd say I feed my corals at least 3 days a week.As for your algae out break,thats normal when you start feeding frequently.Don't let it stop you from feeding though.The infauna/flora in the tank will eventaully reach an equilibrium and will process the added nutrient input.It wouldn't hurt though to crank up your skimmer(clean it at least twice a week) and use agressive carbon filtration.
Oh,and thanks Angie for the compliments,I'm looking forward to seeing some coral pics of your Acropora sp.

davejnz
05-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Here's my Acanthastrea lordhowensis displaying its tentacles in response to me sticking my hands in the tank.This coral has an insatiable appetitie and would accept foods 3 times a day if i fed it that much.

jojo22
05-15-2006, 02:57 AM
Just want to let you know that if Dakar ever adds the reputaiton thing that vBulitten has, I accept all types of frags for good rep points.