PDA

View Full Version : June 2006 Tank of the Month

Shultzybabe
06-01-2006, 08:38 PM
What a great month to be in the running. Out of all the entries, I am pleased to present you this month's winner. PurpleAardvark, step up and let us hear your speech!!

http://www.captivereefing.com/totm/totm-jun06.jpg

davejnz
06-02-2006, 01:35 AM
congrats Don,you have a really nice tank and i really dig the aquascape.

Sweetpea
06-02-2006, 06:34 AM
Congratulations Don!!!

Reef_Angel
06-02-2006, 08:34 AM
Congrats Don! You knew you were going to win! :lol: Very nice reef indeed! :angel2:

dakar
06-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Can't wait to see it in person! Congrats!

graphixx
06-02-2006, 09:35 AM
Don, very nice tank congrats

mutts
06-02-2006, 10:39 AM
congats don!!!! you did good!

pettee86
06-02-2006, 02:23 PM
congrads on TOTM very nice tank there. I'm hoping to make one day :-)

Reptoreef
06-02-2006, 04:04 PM
Don, you da man... congrats!!!

jerryc
06-02-2006, 09:42 PM
Nice tank Don i like the clean look

PurpleAardvark
06-02-2006, 11:16 PM
Thank you all. It has taken a lot of work to get my tank this far and I am glad everyone likes it. So with out going into a cheesy emie award speach. I would like to say thanks for making me feel welcome on this site and you guys are great. Dakar and Angel have put alot of time and money into this place and I am happy to see that everyone is here is nice and helpful unlike some other sites. This site is really a good representation of the better part of reefing. Thanks for everything.

Tam
06-04-2006, 01:40 PM
congrats on winning the tank of the month ,pretty cool setup...

lReef lKeeper
06-04-2006, 03:41 PM
Congrats Don, now about that 6 pack !! J/k, the tank looks great man, keep up the good work.

dsfdbutterfly
06-06-2006, 10:40 AM
Don, I was up in your area but the people I was with don't have internet. I could not give you a congrats on TOTM. Love the tank. Good job and nice to see the tank on the front page.

Angie

Reef_Angel
06-12-2006, 07:38 PM
Hi Angie! Let me get this straight! You were in Wisconsin in Don's neck of the woods, which means you were in ours as well! I wish we would have known! We would have been happy to extend an invite to stop by! Well, if you ever get into this area again, let us know! Angel :angel2:

dsfdbutterfly
06-13-2006, 10:05 AM
Not to hijack Don's TOTM but I was in Wausau which in my understanding was about 2 hours away from you. If I had been closer I would have set up a meeting and took that lovely dog off your hands. My husband would have shot me for it but I would have given him a great home. He would have been the only male with four female dogs (all fixed). Anyway, the trip went quicker than I would have liked but if ever I am up there again I will let you know.

Angie

P.S. the husband is trying to drag me up there for a hunting trip in November but he don't realize I freeze too easily. Who know though, it was pretty there.

PurpleAardvark
06-13-2006, 04:49 PM
Well you can go hunting for coral while he goes and shoots something.LOL... You are always welcome to stop by if you are in the area Angie. I am sure that Angel would say the same. She has a nice horsie tank with some nice corals. I smell a TOTM award heading her way.

Reef_Angel
06-13-2006, 09:31 PM
Well Angie, I guess maybe we'll see you in November. Wouldn't that be great. Weatherby Bear will still be here, because I'm not being to quick about selling him. He is so beautiful and lovey! He just loves to play with squeaky toys!! It'd be great to meet you as well! Remember, when you're that close to us, take advantage of it. It sure would be a lot of fun.

This invitation is to any one of our members that happen to find themselves in WI. Remember, it's a great vacation town we live near...Wisconsin Dells! Everywhere you look there's another attraction that will entice you! Of course, if your a serial killer or just a wacko, PLEASE just forget we live here!
Time for me to go now. Catch ya later! ....Angel :angel2:

PurpleAardvark
06-13-2006, 11:17 PM
Hey angel just to let you most of the major serial killers were from WI, also second highest in the nation for wacko's too, next to Texas.:D

Reef_Angel
06-14-2006, 12:53 AM
Well, I bet you didn't know that more bodies were found stashed in Adams County which is the county I live in. That's why don't socialize with the neighbors to much here! A lot of those bodies were stashed in this county because its so small and populated with more of the elderly folks than middle aged folks, so all the Serial Killer's just figured that this little hick town would be a great place to dump bodies and they'd never be found. Doesn't say much for our police force either. It's also another good reason why we had Gabrielle removed from the Adams Cty. school district. 3 of those little hoodlums (classmates) found it to be quite funny to expose & torture my daughter by putting on a nasty masturbation show for her while she was sitting in her seat reading a book, and then use her hair, face, and clothing as a place to clean their hands off on. We never got the respect from the police what actually happened to those boys, but that last 3 days of **** she went through, were her last 3 days there!! It's a warped town, and there's 3 example of the perverts that will live on unemployment and walk the streets of the town harassing others or worse.

So there you go Don, I just added to your joke! We live 13 miles from that town called Adams-Friendship, and if we could move from ther now, we would. There's 26 miles from the school Gabrielle goes to school (Mauston Highschool), and I have no problem driving her to the closest bus pick up and drop off for her to go to Mauston. Another good reason we live 13 miles away from that school distrist in our lovely boonies! One day we will be on the road to find just the right place that we decide to set down some reao strong roots.

Well, this got majorly OFF TOPIC!! Sorry all! I'm off to bed now!
.............Angel

PurpleAardvark
06-14-2006, 09:33 PM
Wow, sorry to hear that. Those arn't wackoo's they are people who deserve a name far worse that I can't say and to be thrown in jail for the rest of their pitiful lives. The fist part is actually true, most of the major serial killers were born in WI. There are some nice towns out hear like Spring Green and Cross Plains. I do find how ever that alot of city folk around here are rude and just don't care about others. I feel sorry for Gabbie (sorry if I spelled that wrong) no women much less some one as nice as her desurves that. By wackoo's I thought you ment crazy people like the one who came into my old place of work and asked if we saved rain water for our tanks.
As for the cops I think that if Cross Plains PD would transfur some of their BS up there we would be alot happier. A CP cop pulled me over for a rolling stop. I was stoped for 2 sec. They also wrote me a ticket for falure to reregister my plates even thought I had paid for them over the internet. I sware that one of them is stalking me because he pulls me over everytime he can. I think if I cut a loud fart in public he would write me a ticket for disturbing the peace.
I have met some very nice people out here such as dakar, angel, my landlord ereefic and wife, but it is still not like Vt. It seems like there are alot more people looking out for themselves and that are two-faced.
Sorry if my joke offend or upset you angel. It was just ment as a joke, not to bring up bad memories.
On anthor note how is the new stuff doing? I would like to see pics. I would like to thank you and Dakar for all your help with the site. I don't have that much free time on my hands anymore and I really am thankful for the help that you have givin me.

dsfdbutterfly
06-15-2006, 10:43 AM
Um, I know that I won't be moving anytime soon to WI. I did think the place was beautiful and delt mostly with family (who are a little strange themselves). The area was green and had such nice homes that I don't see here. Don't get me wrong, I live in an area with large homes but the homes back East have a charm that I just find so appealing. Who knows though, maybe it's all the humidity and then the cold that sets the people off. I'll try to send some of this unbelieveably hot and DRY weather your direction how does that sound?

As far as everything that happened it is such a shame that no one was there for you. I'm thankful that I live in an area where the cops do their job and they also don't harase those that aren't doing anything wrong. I also appreciate that the type of behavior that was desplayed by those individuals would not be tolorated in my area. I hope that your daughter has found peace at her new school and that with time she will understand that not all people are evil.

Angie

Reef_Angel
06-25-2006, 07:18 PM
I wasn't offended at all by the conversation. I was actually just adding my thoughts about how much crime there is here and everywhere! Quit apologizing for everything you say Don! Gosh, people are going to think they have stuff to be afrraid of me for. I'm not some meanie! I was just adding to the conversation. What were we talking about on here in the first place? Oh it was about congratulatin you on TOTM! hahaha....now stop being so paranoid Donnie!!:smt018 ....Angel :angel2: