PDA

View Full Version : Help identifying this surprise creature

Randy-L
06-24-2006, 07:12 AM
Hi,
Over the last severral weeks I watched this guy grouwing up out of a hole in a rock. Until I saw it come up out of the hole I though it was a polip, now it looks like a anenome.

jojo22
06-24-2006, 07:32 AM
looks like aptasia. I would nuke it or get a peperment shrimp.

Randy-L
06-24-2006, 07:51 AM
I just google "aptasia". Looks like I shout take emediate action. What remidies are you fokes using?

jojo22
06-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Kalk paste, Joes juice, boiling water any of these could be injected ints the base by the rock and kill it imediately. Or a peperment shrimp would eat it.

Whoyah
06-24-2006, 01:35 PM
I have used kalk paste method a couple times with good results. Either use kalkwaser or pickling lime (which can be found at most grocery stores, Mrs. Wages or Ball's are the common brands) mixed with water to form a thick paste. I mix a good amount up. Load into a 10ml medicine syringe and cover the hole and local area. The trick is to block the anemone in. The anemone will dissappear and the paste will dissolve over time. I would recommend only doing a couple spots at a time because the kalk will impact the calcium and alkality balance of the tank.

peregrinus
06-25-2006, 03:25 PM
i have used pickling lime alot. just get it on theur mouth and they eat it. kills them dead.. lol o have shot like 20 of them at the smae time with no ill effects to the tank.