PDA

View Full Version : damaged corals from the LFS

davejnz
12-12-2004, 01:19 PM
My LFS got a cold shipment in and some of the LPS were damaged.Ended up scoring this red Lobophyllia and anothe "maze brain" that was sold as Platygyra but its not.I am currently doing skeletal analysis on it to see what genus it might belong to.$30 for both corals aint too bad,the "maze brain" is very healthy other than the damage in the central part of colony.The Lobo had some recession but its starting to come around in my tank.
Figure i'd post a couple pics of my new "sick" corals for my LPS reef.
BTW,more pics to come of my "latest addition"

jerryc
12-12-2004, 01:24 PM
Great dill shod come around for you the brain looks like it is 100%

Reef_Angel
12-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Hey Dave..... Dakar and I are going to make a midnight coral liberation run to Florida with a visit to your house. You'll find a gift certificate for frags of whatever we can come up with out of our tank for you! :) To bad they they came so cold, but you'll have them all right as rain by the time we get there! lol ~Angel~

davejnz
12-12-2004, 02:14 PM
No problem,I'll be sure to cook us up a nice meal or something.Well,we can always do that trade thing in the spring.I recently just got a 60polyp colony of Acanthastrea echinata,a pretty rare find from the LFS.Been looking for one for over a yr.That coral came from another LFS that decided to put it under halides and caused it to brown out and partially bleach,Should color up in a couple weeks with alot of direct feedings.