PDA

View Full Version : Tanks, Sumps & Refugiums Connected Reefs ...>>>Pics

FEEDERFISH
12-17-2004, 07:22 PM
Fianlly my work is finished all i need now is corals...corals...corals...
I picked up another 75 Gal and right away ordered halides from www.reeftanklighting.com
I came up with a dual canopy with DE 250 14K hamiltons, I like them alot
That tank is connected to my current reef which is also a 75 gal AGA, it was set up now for almost 2 years, it has 6-65W Pcs, I am alot happier with the halides and hope to soon upgrade that tank or just keep that a poylp tank not sure yet,

The plumbing....
Both tanks are connected by a 20 Gal sump that used to house a 12 Gal sump and a 8 Gal refug. as you see in the blurry pic my refug was moved to a 10 Gal AGA with a hole drilled in the upper right corner (got from Friend traded candy coral for it, both tanks use the same overflow box from marineland, I have never had a siphon break with the 1st so i bought a second, there is 2in pipe that acts as a sewer drain where both overflows tubes run into that sewer pipe then empty into the sump, I run both tanks off a 250 w heater, kept at 77-78 with the lights on the temp is more like 79-80, as for return pumps i used a rio 3100 for the new tank and and a rio HF 20 for the refug and the old 75, i have again never had a problem with a rio pump also a roi 1700 runs in the new 75 i run a berlin turbo skimmer the skimmer runs outside the sump otherwise I dont have enough room for water, i was going to upgrade to a 30 L but way to much work to get that in there so dealing with what i have, just check out the pics you would have to see it in person very hard to describe without leaving a book on this forum , no new live rock was used, just emptied out and cleaned up the old tank and also used corals from the old tank to put in the new 75, looking for corals to fill up the new tank its a little bare and still letting the corals acclimate to the lights i would really like some xenia if anyone has some they would like to frag i will come pick it up if you somewhat local, the entire setup took about 7 days of work from 4 pm to 10 all week and a million trips to the hardware store
The pics of the "old reef are current after the corals and rock have been moved i just call it old becasue its not new like the new one hhahaha
here are the pics....

FEEDERFISH
12-17-2004, 07:24 PM
More

FEEDERFISH
12-17-2004, 07:25 PM
Fianlly my work is finished all i need now is corals...corals...corals...
I picked up another 75 Gal and right away ordered halides from www.reeftanklighting.com
I came up with a dual canopy with DE 250 14K hamiltons, I like them alot
That tank is connected to my current reef which is also a 75 gal AGA, it was set up now for almost 2 years, it has 6-65W Pcs, I am alot happier with the halides and hope to soon upgrade that tank or just keep that a poylp tank not sure yet,

The plumbing....
Both tanks are connected by a 20 Gal sump that used to house a 12 Gal sump and a 8 Gal refug. as you see in the blurry pic my refug was moved to a 10 Gal AGA with a hole drilled in the upper right corner (got from Friend traded candy coral for it, both tanks use the same overflow box from marineland, I have never had a siphon filter with the 1st so i bought a second, there is 2in pipe that acts as a sewer drain where both overflows tubes run into that sewer pipe then empty into the sump, I run both tanks off a 250 w heater, kept at 77-78 with the lights on the temp is more like 79-80, as for return pumps i used a rio 3100 for the new tank and and a rio HF 20 for the refug and the old 75, i have again never had a problem with a rio pump also a roi 1700 runs in the new 75 i run a berlin turbo skimmer the skimmer runs outside the sump otherwise I dont have enough room for water, i was going to upgrade to a 30 L but way to much work to get that in there so dealing with what i have, just check out the pics you would have to see it in person very hard to describe without leaving a book on this forum , no new live rock was used, just emptied out and cleaned up the old tank and also used corals from the old tank to put in the new 75, looking for corals to fill up the new tank its a little bare and still letting the corals acclimate to the lights i would really like some xenia if anyone has some they would like to frag i will come pick it up if you somewhat local, the entire setup took about 7 days of work from 4 pm to 10 all week and a million trips to the hardware store
The pics of the "old reef are current after the corals and rock have been moved i just call it old becasue its not new like the new one hhahaha
here are the pics....

davejnz
12-17-2004, 07:47 PM
looking good

Reptoreef
12-17-2004, 11:45 PM
Very NICE!!!

dakar
12-18-2004, 09:45 AM
You messed up somewhere.... it looks way too neat and organized! go back and make a mess somwhere... :lol: