PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Digi Cam

greg97527
12-01-2006, 03:09 PM
So I am in the market for used or new digi cam with atleast 5.0 megapixels.
The one i have now is horrible and I want to get cripser cleaner pics of my tanks etc. anyone want to trade or sell or whatever? What ya got?

Fatman
12-01-2006, 07:57 PM
The cam is not the only thing, you need to have a macro mode since alot of our pics are close ups, and a cheapy camera will still probably give you bad pics. If your current camera has alot of options to play with try them out and see what type of pic you can get. But cheap + options does not really exist.

Sweetpea
12-01-2006, 08:16 PM
I know where you're coming from! I have a Nikon D70 (digital SLR), and I love it! But I have to say for a compact point and shoot, the Sony I mentioned is a pretty good piece of work (btw, it has a macro mode, but I think the calibre macro you're referring to won't be easy to find in budget oriented equipment). Here is a link to check out specs and customer reviews: http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Sony-Cyber-shot-DSC-W50-Digital-Camera/sem/rpsm/oid/143909/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do In all honesty, $230 has been worth it for the quality we've seen from this camera!

greg97527
12-01-2006, 08:30 PM
got any pics taken with this specific camera?

Sweetpea
12-01-2006, 08:53 PM
Here's one of my Betta. He doesn't have a name yet, so suggestions are welcome! ;)

jojo22
12-01-2006, 09:11 PM
Looks like a Mr. Grumpy to me! Or oscar the grouch after the trash can guy from sesame street.

Sweetpea
12-01-2006, 09:15 PM
Mr Grumpy, huh? LOL! I can't name him Oscar, since our last Betta (passed away a few months ago) was named Oscar. We've had Bettas named (in order): Andrew, Neo, Oscar, and Lissy Fish. I really do love Bettas and have considered breeding them. However, my salt addiction has hold of me and won't let go!!! :-D

greg97527
12-01-2006, 09:43 PM
name him CHEEKY!!!
nice pic,macro mode shot?

Sweetpea
12-02-2006, 07:51 AM
Yes, the pic was done in macro... the light was behind him leaving his face a little dark, but you can still see the nice details in the pic. :)

Cheeky, huh? I'll keep that one in mind! ;)

carpenterwrasse
12-02-2006, 08:35 AM
I did bettas for a while when i was much younger,much younger and less experienced.. it was tough to get them past the fry stage....1 cold breeze across the top of the water they all will perish....the longest i had fry was 3 weeks...sad to watch them all die for the amount of work i put into them...I think I still have some of the supplies at my parents house....hmmmmm maybe i might try again