PDA

View Full Version : Draco Marine seahorses for sale

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
03-02-2007, 12:56 AM
Due to an upcomming surgery, I need to sell all 8 of my seahorses. They are Northern Erectus from Draco Marine. I currently have 2 pregnant males. I have 4 females and 4 males. I would prefer that they all go to the same home. If at all possible I would like for them to go to someone in the IL, WI, or MN. area so they don't have to be shipped. Shipping 8 seahorses will be expensive. I'm asking 350.00 (worth 520.00 plus what I paid for shipping) for all 8 plus shipping if they have to be shipped. 1 females has long cirri and 2 females have shorter cirri. 1 male has already had fry and he and 1 other are now pregnant. They are fed 2 cubes of hikari mysis 2x day (4 cubes total daily) They have never been medicated or sick. They are the healthiest seahorses I have ever had. Trained to a feeding station, but usually snick the mysis out of the baster before I get it to the station, lol.

I'm sure I will get more at a later date, I will just be unable to care for them for for 3-4 weeks. If you are interrested, please PM me. I'm located near Wisconsin Dells.

Angie

Sweetpea
03-02-2007, 08:33 PM
I hope you find a great home for the ponies, and I also hope that you recover quickly! My best to you...

jojo22
03-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Maybe you could find someone to take them on a temporary basis for a small sitters fee. Or maybe someone could take care of them in your home under your watchfull eye. If there is anything I can do to help you keep them weither it's a little cash or some food or takeing a pair for a few weeks just let me know.

carpenterwrasse
03-02-2007, 10:16 PM
sure wish pittsburgh was closer to you that i could help you keep them at your home....sorry to here about your surgury i hope it goes well as joe said if i can help just ask....

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
03-03-2007, 07:03 PM
I have thought of asking if anyone had room for them temporarily, but because seahorses catch all kinds of weird sicknesses from god knows where, it's not that easy. One seahorse has certain immunities to some diseases, but another may not. That's why it is not advised to mix seahorses even of the same species from different breeders. Not to mention the fact, that it would stress them out terribly to be moved, them moved back. And, what would happen to the cyle in their tank without seahorses in it for that long, it would be a huge spike when I added 8 seahorses back into a tank that has been lifeless for 4 or more weeks. I have thought of everything I could think of that was reasonable, and the only real, least stressful for the seahorses is to relocate all of then just once and leave them there. I do love my ponies, and I will get more when I can. Like I could go very long without them, lol. It's just something that needs to be done. I'm ok with it as long as I find someone who I KNOW will take good care of them. I may have someone. They were interrested and I sent them a shipping quote, so I'm just waiting to hear back from them.

IF, I'm unable to care for them and I can't find a new home for them, I do have 1 backup plan. Not my first choice, don't even want to go there, but I do have a plan. It's do-able, just not ideal.

Angie

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
03-03-2007, 11:01 PM
All 8 have been sold to 1 person. They are getting a great home. Please delete this thread. Thank you.

Angie

jojo22
03-03-2007, 11:03 PM
How bout we just close her up??