PDA

View Full Version : any takers on an id?

roadcrew
11-06-2007, 07:52 PM
this is attached to a clam attached to a piece of rock i scored from a buddy. the feelers only come out in the evening and when i feed. it looks a little bleached out and ragged in this pic but its definately looking better now. the membrane is growing back nicely. sorry i dont have a new pic.

AuntKaren
11-06-2007, 08:13 PM
I have those in my tank. They are Cladocora or Ivory Tube corals. I'm betting that they came from the Gulf of Mexico probably near Florida. All of mine (I have a dozen or more of them) came with my live rock shipment from Tampa Bay Saltwater. They do fine and aren't hard to keep. One of them is, like yours, attached to a clam. They will get to be a really pretty rust color and will come out more often. Enjoy em! The clam is happy in our tank and we don't do anything special in feeding it.

roadcrew
11-08-2007, 06:35 PM
thanks for the info. is there any thing i should do to help em(target feeding or placement in regards to light or water movement?) or just let em be?

AuntKaren
11-23-2007, 04:33 PM
I don't really do anything special to feed my corals but I do make sure that I squirt food for the fishes directly over the corals. They don't seem to care where they are in the tank but they do like medium water movement.