PDA

View Full Version : pure white polyps

roadcrew
12-23-2007, 04:16 PM
i picked this up at the lfs for 20 bucks. i liked the variety. i have 2 questions though. there are pure white polyps with a neon green mouth. is this normal coloring or are the polyps bleached out? also could some one tell me what the long tubes on the left are? the guy at the lfs didn't know either. i looked in my books and found nothing. any ideas?

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
12-23-2007, 04:33 PM
I had some like that. The white ones eventually turned a very tan /pinkish color, so I think mine were bleached out. They had the green mouths as well. Good luck with them. They do grow fairly fast.

graphixx
12-24-2007, 12:41 PM
yeah the white ones are just a little bleached they will color up and the long ones are snake polyps

roadcrew
12-25-2007, 02:23 PM
thanks graphixx for the id on the snake polyps. i googled it and found a little info but like everything else there is mixed info. some say bright light moderate flow, other little flow under a ledge...has any one here had any luck with them? im gonna keep an eye on em and see what happens.

dakar
01-03-2008, 02:20 PM
Sure, We've got snake polyps in two tanks here, one with very low flow and lower PC lighting (where the seahorses live, and some on another tank that has over 10 watts per gallon of MH lighting and a LOT of flow (turn over rate for the tank is almost 20 times per hour).... they don't seem too upset in either tank and have been doing their thing for over a year now.