PDA

View Full Version : AEFW

john90009
02-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Im going to be getting acropora soon what steps should i take to make shure they dont have flat worms i dont have a quarantine tank to hold them in for 6 weeks is there somthing else i can do to help witrh cleaning them?

melev
03-02-2008, 01:32 AM
If you want to keep your reef clean, you should quarantine and dip all new corals. What I do is keep a small quarantine tank running all the time. When I get new corals, it goes in that tank, and I add Interceptor to the water to kill any red bugs.

I study the coral carefully over the next few days to watch for pests or any other surprises. Then it is placed in a white bucket filled with one gallon of water, and 4 capfuls of ReVive. The coral is turkey basted every minute for 5 minutes, then placed in a new container of tank water. At this point, you could put in a few drops of Iodine, and after two minutes, squirt it with a turkey baster again. If nothing appears, the coral is ready to go in your tank.

john90009
03-02-2008, 09:03 AM
i would set up a 10 gallon for QT however i do not have a halide to put over the qt tank.

melev
03-10-2008, 05:26 AM
If you are only keeping the coral in quarantine for a few days or a couple of weeks, VHO lighting should be sufficient. Or T5s.