PDA

View Full Version : New to Reefing Plugs for my new toys

dakar
01-27-2005, 01:07 AM
A plug for a couple of new toys I finally got around to picking up today, a Mag Float 350, it's the only thing I could find that would work through the 1/2" glass on the 180. Don't know if they are using those rare earth magnets or what, but man do they stick together like nothing I've ever seen.

Not sure why I put off grabbing one.... fantastic product that just plain works, even removes most of the thinner coraline with ease.

Coraline started taking over the sides like crazy lately, I think the recent raising of Alk with our constant elevated calcium levels (500+ppm) must have jump started it. Since our sides are viewable and we like to actually look through the sides the other toy I picked up was a 2' Kent Pro Scraper with the stainless steel blade.....makes very light work of it, even the really thick spots.... in 10 mins the glass is immaculate. Now I just hope all the coraline I set free finds its way to the base rock to take up residence :)

They've got my stamp of approval and highly reccomend them, a well spent investment. Now we can toss all the other knock off jobbers in the junk bin

perpetual98
01-27-2005, 08:12 AM
I've got a really nice mag float thingy that I won at a reef club meeting. I don't remember what kind it is, but when I looked it up online, it was like $70. It's got a name like Hammerhead or something like that.

Ok, I just did a search because I was curious. Here it is:

http://www.marinedepot.com/md_viewItem.asp?idproduct=AF1113

Not a bad snag for $5 worth of raffle tickets :)

BUGZME
01-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Both of those products are great! I have them also.

Whoyah
01-28-2005, 01:22 AM
I have the Kent Pro Scraper too. Works great. The only thing to watch for, is bending the corners on it. I tweaked mine when I was scrapping some coralline build up in the corners of the tank. Just kind of rolled them up a bit. I would also recommend a quick rinse in fresh water and quick dry after each use. I had blade rust slightly before.