PDA

View Full Version : Two IDs: Tube Worm thing & Anemone?

thefishgirl
09-19-2009, 05:21 PM
Hi guys...

I have up for ID these two "things".

The worm thingy sends out a "slime web", then reels back in whatever he catches and eats it (I guess). It's shell/tube is hard, like a cocoworm.

The other thing looks like some type of anemone to me. It must have came in as a hitchhiker on something. It's way in the back of my tank. I was able to get a shot of it when I move my Galaxia out of the way. It's foot is what reminds me of anemone.

Thanks!

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr140/becky1366/For%20ID/anenome.jpg

http://i477.photobucket.com/albums/rr140/becky1366/For%20ID/tubeworm.jpg

graphixx
09-19-2009, 05:52 PM
the second looks like a spaghetti type worm not sure on the first one

speedstar
09-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Isn;t there a snail that lives in those empty tubes. I forget the ID right now but it will come to me.

speedstar
09-19-2009, 06:22 PM
vermetid snails

thefishgirl
09-19-2009, 06:56 PM
No wonder I couldn't find it on the web.. I was looking for a worm. :) Do you think it's web o'slime will bug my corals? I don't care about my GSP, but my zoas and blastos are another story!

speedstar
09-19-2009, 07:45 PM
No wonder I couldn't find it on the web.. I was looking for a worm. :) Do you think it's web o'slime will bug my corals? I don't care about my GSP, but my zoas and blastos are another story!

They don;t seem to hurt SPS, not sure about others

thefishgirl
09-20-2009, 08:37 PM
So, I think I have an ID on my "anemone"... it's an ANEMONE! :)

Thalassianthus Aster

I believe based on the other pictures I've seen that this is what I have. Thank you Deb Berlin for finding that needle in a haystack! Sounds like it can be nasty if it decides to go on a walkabout.

BeakerBob
10-10-2009, 05:51 PM
The vermetid snails are more a PITA making the corals look bad with a spider web across them. I usually put a dab of Instant glue in the hole to seal it up and kill the snail.

tazzy695
10-10-2009, 06:25 PM
never had the snails cause any issues for me with my corals and havn't even seen them since I added the 6line wrass and scooterblenny

couldnt realy see anything in the first pic though other then the kenya tree

tazzy

jojo22
10-10-2009, 06:30 PM
Google "curly Q anenome" I can't tell from the pics but it looks like that might be your ID.

thefishgirl
10-10-2009, 09:52 PM
couldnt realy see anything in the first pic though other then the kenya tree

tazzy

I think that "kenya tree" is my anemone! I actually pulled one out yesterday and trashed it. I moved my Acan 3 times .. and it kept walking over to it. I watched it for 10 minutes, then I yanked it.
:axe::axe:

If you google: Thalassianthus Aster That's what it is.