PDA

View Full Version : Reef Aquarium Fish Dory and Nemo

Whoyah
09-20-2004, 01:10 AM
My wife treated me to a trip to the LFS on Saturday and we came home with Dory and Nemo :D . Yep a Blue Tang and Percula Clown. I have been looking for both for a awhile. We get to the LFS and they are in the same tank, with a good price, good shape, right size. I figured it must be fate. My daughter (18 months) really likes Dory and she hasn't even really watched Saving Nemo yet. Our friend's 3 yr old is going to flip out when he comes over next.

I am really impressed with the tang. She got right to work munching on my clumps of hair algae. Hopefully she will put a dent in it. I can grow hair algae and Caelpra like a champ. I figured I would put to use.

Nemo buddied up to Marlin immedentantly ;) . Nemo 1 meet an untimely death quite awhile ago and Marlin has been pretty sad since.

It is always fun to get fish that thrive right off.

Whoyah

dakar
09-20-2004, 09:33 AM
Congrats on the new additions! How'd the false perc's get along when you added the new one to the tank? Heard a few horror stories about add them at the same time or things don;t turn out so well, territorial battles and such. But I'd like to get 3-4 false perc's for the big tank after she's up and running, they are so much fun to watch.

Unfortunately we're 1 for 3 on the clowns :( , lost a true perc, and then a false perc, but now the Clarkii is doing very well and happy, a bit psycho when we are working in the tank, protective of his little sabae or something.

Reef_Angel
09-20-2004, 10:31 AM
Nice fish!! I can't wait til we get our 180 gl up and settled in. We can put some of the bigger fish in there. Our Clarkii is a brat, but he's learning. He was a terrible biter and still can be if you get to close to his sebae. Now if I have to go into the tank for anything, he's gotten used to me yelling at him if he even thinks about biting me....so he turns away and goes the other direction cause he know's I'll wap him with the baster!!

Reptoreef
09-20-2004, 02:11 PM
Sweet additions... I'm a real fan of the different tangs!!!