PDA

View Full Version : Reef Aquarium Fish Stripe is no more...

Reptoreef
09-21-2004, 01:56 AM
When Annie and I were going over our fishie's names, I realized that Stripe, our 6 line wrasse is no where to be seen... I'm sure he jumped tank(kitty food) or got caught in a tight place(critter food). Either way, he was a character and going to be hard to replace... so th the LFS I go :-D

dakar
09-21-2004, 09:00 AM
Feel bad for your critter, but glad to see we aren't the only ones who name all of our critters, heartbreaking when you do a daily inventory and can't locate one sometimes.

Reptoreef
09-21-2004, 02:15 PM
Yep... he was a fave... guess they all are, though...

Reef_Angel
09-21-2004, 04:38 PM
When our Scooter Blenney died, it was like loosing a little friend. He was so cute and had such a good personality! We'll get another but I don't know if we'll ever get one marked so pretty and wearing lipstick!! lol

Reptoreef
09-21-2004, 11:51 PM
Some say 'it's just a fish'... guess they really need to spend a few really watching each one's diff personality and behavior to get the appreciation.

Reef_Angel
09-22-2004, 10:33 AM
I'm glad someone else admits it to. We talk for our fish and everything....and we're adults! hah!!

Reefmaniac1
09-23-2004, 04:47 AM
My wife has taken to naming the fish in my tank...Nemo (obviously), a Green Chromis named Scott, Priscilla (Golden Angel), James (Flame Angel, after our son), Captain Jack (Bicolor Blennie), Craig (Purple Firefish, named after my LFS boss). A couple others she hasn't gotten around to naming: the Royal Gramma, a Red Spotted Blennie, my Six Line Wrasse and my latest addition (just got it yesterday); a Clown Tang.

Sorry to hear about your six line...

dakar
09-23-2004, 10:36 AM
names to date awarded to some of our critters;

Lawnmower Blenny - Grumps
Clarkii - (can't use that word here)
Peppermint shrimp - Peppy
Coral banded shrimp - coral bandit
Arrow Crab - big frikkin spider (our son chose that one for us)
Xenia Elong - brocco (as in brocolli)
Colt coral - Cora
GSP - the grass
Orange tree sponge - the carrot
Fox coral - can't name here either :LOL:

and those no longer with us
Red lipped scooter blenny - had to be Scooter (he'll be replaces shortly)
Yellow Tang - was SeaCow (new owner has renamed her)

I know i've overlooked a number...but that is what happens when a fella is outnumbered 2 to 1 by the girls.

Reptoreef
09-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Hey Reefmaniac1... how the heck are ya??? Glad to see ya stopped in for a visit. Feel free to hang around and add suggestions that you may think will enhance everybody's visit at CR.

Grandmaster_Toad
10-06-2004, 01:37 PM
Dakar,
You mentioned your yellow tang formerly Ms.Tangy Sea Cow...

You'll be happy to know that her new fabulous name is .*drum roll..."
" LOLA "......*music* Lola, she was a show girl...lol
She dances around for my son everyday after lunch.

She is bright, Fat, and Happy.....glad we could give her a new home.
GT

dakar
10-06-2004, 02:03 PM
Now that is the kind of story we enjoy hearing back! Glad she is doing so well, and entertaining your boy too! How she could have gotten any fatter is beyond me, she was so well deserving of her previous title, she must be ready to pop. :)

Just don't bother trying to take any pictures of your reef unless you want her in them.