PDA

View Full Version : heading to madison

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
02-22-2005, 07:20 PM
I'm off to Madison for a few days March 1-3. I'm looking for a smaller (55G) glass tank set up. (for freshwater) Who in Mad town has the lowest prices on tanks? I will definitely browse " cough" aquatic specialties , any others worth dropping in on? I wont buy corals from the aquarium super store. They are very expensive and I have no need for the "free flatworms" with every purchase, lol.

I'm looking to find a ritteri anemone. My false percs are hosting my GSP and they don't seem to appreciate it very much.

TIA,

Angie

Dakar. & reef_angel.... feel free to let me in on where you frequent. I "know" your there all of the time. (hee hee hee)

Reef_Angel
02-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Since Dave is already on top of the answer for ya, I'll just say....hold on to your wallet tightly, but have fun!!

dakar
02-22-2005, 08:02 PM
Pet World is probably going to be the cheapest for the tank. Still not cheap.

I can say this though, Ani-Mart and Pet world both get their saltwater critter shipments in on tuesdays, ani-mart around noon and Pet world shortly after 2 or so. That's generally about the only time we'll bring home any critters from them....

Aquatic specialties has by far the nicest displays, but lean torwards the high side, Superstore is just very high on everything, but haven't been in there since Oct or so, but often have some cool critters

After a lot of badgering, Ani-mart is getting a lot better, might be worth browsing through if you are on the east side of town. They pretty much emptied the 350 majano display tank, and changed cleaned things up, still a fair amount in there but at least now most of the rockwork is managable. We actually got some decent deals from them last time we went LFS hopping. Just be sure to inspect any fish very closely, all the 'fish' tanks share the same water system. Hey they actually had a few clams and stuff, first place in town I've seen stock them.

Pet world.... kinda wishy-washy on, no wheeling and dealing with them on anything, but their reef tanks are all way underlighted, i was in there last week getting the green chromies for Angel, and their coral tanks weren't looking so good.

Animal Adventure - they are either moving or have moved already, their tanks were just horrible, flatworm haven. Everything was marked up really high as well. Last time in there was like June or July.

I wouldn't waste the fuel running down to that shop in Janesville, forgot the name of it now.... Onlything decent they have is the price on our salt mix, $20 a bucket cheaper than anyone else, but not really worth the drive. very limited livestock and very high even on frags. Unless I just caught them on a good week and they were cleaned out, but I doubt it.

Don't bother stopping in Baraboo, nothing worth seeing there.

Just our opinions on the shops... other folks may have others and I'm sure they'll chime in.

Too long... I'm tired of typing now.. gonna go get some dinner and make some sawdust.

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
02-22-2005, 08:34 PM
thank you......

perpetual98
02-23-2005, 12:55 PM
I saw your post on another forum, but I thought I'd reply here too. I'm upgrading tanks and I'll have a 55G with black stand available if you're interested. I'm about 45 minutes east of Madison.

Eric