PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Michigan Marine Club MMMC Meeting 1/10/10 4-6p Preuss Pets

jimsflies
12-26-2009, 04:27 PM
Our next club meeting will be on 1/10 from 4-6 at Preuss Pets.

It will be at Preuss Pets located in Lansing, Michigan. This is our annual meeting to make our MMMC Reef Stew for the upcoming swap. Meeting participants should bring an ingredient to contribute. Each participant will get to take home a bag of Reef Stew for their tank.

Anyone is welcome to attend that is interested in becoming a member of the club. Other clubs are also welcome to attend. We ask that each person bring an ingredient or two to throw into the Reef Stew Mix. The mmmc food is formulated to feed your entire reef. It has large pieces all the way down to the <10 micron size for feeding acros. Last years batch contained these ingredients:

fresh squid
fresh shrimp
fresh gobies
mysis shrimp
cyclopeeze
Prawn Roe
mussels
Red Sea fish pellets
flake food
Nori
ESV spray dried phyto...this stuff grows zoanthids like crazy
Golden Pearls (several sizes)
Reefroids
Coral Frenzy
Zoaplankton

Our MMMC's Reef Stew sells for $10 a bag at the swap and is part of the club's fundraiser. For more information regarding MMMC, please visit our website: http://www.midmichiganmarineclub.org

Here is a video showing the fun that awaits us at the next meeting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sgdPot_N7c

ryeguy28
12-26-2009, 04:37 PM
i think ill be there

Tankster
12-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Hopefully Tim can bring his $600 blender.

BeakerBob
12-26-2009, 06:42 PM
I'll pick up the fresh squid, fresh shrimp, fresh gobies and maybe the mussels for the club.

skuttduck
01-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Hopefully Tim can bring his $600 blender.

Yes I can do that!

Did you want me contribute something else to the mix, or just blend away?

TM01
01-01-2010, 10:32 PM
Count me in!

I have a big can of Omega flake and 3 types of seaweed I can donate to the mix too.

Tom@HaslettMI
01-06-2010, 10:46 PM
I can make it, I can make it!

I have a partial bottle of Kent Zoecon I can add to the mix.

Tom

MIReeferChick
01-09-2010, 09:10 AM
What else is needed/wanted for this stew? Not sure what's been "collected" already. :)

TM01
01-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Pretty much anything you want to bring will be fine. The more stuff we can add..the more it makes!

jimsflies
01-09-2010, 09:21 AM
Bob and I are making a run to the asian market today. We'll pick up some more goodies.

I have golden pearls, reef roids and reef chillie for the mix.

MyNemesis
01-09-2010, 09:28 AM
I will likely take a trip to the Asian market before the meeting tomorrow, as well. I will bring a full pack of Formula Two, squid, nori and whatever else looks interesting. See everyone tomorrow!

MIReeferChick
01-09-2010, 09:57 AM
I have a big bag of dried sea weed from the asian market -- it's going to take a long time for me to finish using it up. I can bring that and prob some other things.

Tankster
01-09-2010, 11:20 AM
I will likely take a trip to the Asian market before the meeting tomorrow, as well. I will bring a full pack of Formula Two, squid, nori and whatever else looks interesting. See everyone tomorrow!

We won't ditch you this time John! :(

MyNemesis
01-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Well, at least at Preuss, if the entire MMMC chapter decides to take off and go get Chinese food, I will have plenty to look at while I wait for you to return. Better than standing on Todd's front doorstep feeling pretty stupid!

jimsflies
01-10-2010, 10:40 AM
We'll be in the classroom this afternoon. It's in the back downstairs if you haven't been there before. See you guys in a few hours.