PDA

View Full Version : Sea crop order

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
03-23-2005, 08:09 PM
I just ordered some new corals from seacrop. Here is a list of the corals I ordered. My tank was pretty bare for how long it's been set up and running. I finally decided it was time, no matter what. I always pay the bills and stuff first and the tank always came last. NOT today!!!!! :lol: :!:

Green Galaxia
Candy cane (red and yellow)
green frogspawn
Pagoda cup
Purple Lemnalia
Pink Seriatopora
Spiny Cup Pectinia
Pink Stylophora
Orange velvet Montipora
Torch
Pink and Green hammer
green fox

I will post some pics when they get acclimated and in the tank.

Reef_Angel
03-23-2005, 08:54 PM
That sounds much better than the last big announcement you made about probably selling everything you had and unhappily giving up the hobby! :) It sounds like things are looking up. We'll be waiting for pictures!! .....Angel :)

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
03-23-2005, 09:41 PM
My hubby has his 3rd (and hopefully last) interview on Sat. morning for the walmart distribution center. It's a big pay cut but it's a job.

I have been wanting to order corals for a long time but the bills just kept getting bigger. Alyssa was in and out of the hospital with her crohns disease, Heather's epilepsy was getting bad, I was in the hospital, then he lost his job...so it never seemed like i could. I was on seacrop this morning and I was making a "WISH LIST" and putting things in my shopping cart just to see how much they would all cost. I called Dan over to show him the pic of the spiny cup and he told me to order all that was in my shopping cart. He said he was tired of me being bummed out and whining about how my tank is always last. It took me about a half an hour before I hit the magic button that debited the money from my checking account. Once I did it I was so happy. I was afraid that if i did it I would regret it.........but I don't. And I wont. I deserve it for all of the things that I have had to deal with lately.

The second thing I thought of was........look at what i can frag for next years trades, crazy hugh, lol.

Thanks again Susan for letting me "unload" on the telephone the other day. It was a bad day and I was really ready to just give it all up. Pretty sad to give up the one thing that makes me so happy when everything else is falling apart. You were right. I wouldn't get enough selling it to fix anything long term. And I would be out of the hobby and regret it.

Angie

Reptoreef
03-23-2005, 11:39 PM
How's everything with the HA prob???

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
03-23-2005, 11:51 PM
It's not getting any better so far. Too bad our corals don't grow that fast. The lighting is only on 4 hrs a day and I'm feeding light. It hasn't been that long since I shortened the lighting period. I'm thinking of changing my sump, maybe that will help. I also added an airstone to my skimmer. I tried adding a stronger pump top the skimmer, but it was too big for the skimmer to handle, lol. It was kinda funny to watch though. If all else fails I will "cook" the rocks that have the HA on it. It's only on about 5 rocks so far. Too bad they are all on or close to the bottom of the rock pile. Go figure right.

Angie

Reptoreef
03-24-2005, 12:01 AM
Yep... worst case, take out those infested rocks, scrub and pluck all of the HA possible by hand and toothbrush, then put a light coat of Lime(kalkwasser powder) over the rocks for about 10 min, then return to a temp tote of your sea water to rinse off all kalk possible, then return to the tank... remember to monitor your PH!!! Has there been any further growth???

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
03-24-2005, 08:25 AM
yes, it's still growing. I'm going to scrub it yet again today. Because of where the tank is, it may be getting indirect sunlight. I'm installing room darkening mini blinds today. The curtains over the window are pretty thin so even with them closed, the light still comes in. I'm off to scrub, thanks again.

Angie

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
03-25-2005, 11:03 AM
It's here!!!! The corals arrived by 10:15 am. They are acclimating. I have to leave for work, so hubby will have to deal with the drip acclimation. At least I got to open them and start the process. They are all very small, but they are only frags.

I will post pics in a few days.

Angie

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
03-27-2005, 03:30 PM
pics

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
03-27-2005, 03:31 PM
pic

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
03-27-2005, 03:34 PM
pic

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
03-27-2005, 04:02 PM
last 3 :D

BUGZME
03-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Nice corals! It looks like they are all doing great.

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
03-27-2005, 04:31 PM
Thanks,

The one that surprised me was the fox coral. It has 6 mouths. I wasn't expecting that, lol.

davejnz
03-27-2005, 05:28 PM
That Nemenzophyllia(fox) is beautiful,keep it in low light and it will thrive.My LFS always puts them under bright lighting and they always recede.

dakar
03-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Looks like you got some great pieces of coral there. The Fox's are really an intersting critter to watch... we started with two, a pink and green, each about 1.5", lost the green to a hungry crab :( but the pink now spreads an easy 8".
Grow'm all up!

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
03-27-2005, 05:53 PM
I have the fox kinda pushed under a rock ledge. Not too many shady spots in my tank. I see a redo of the aquascaping in the near future. Probably Tuesday or Wednesday.

Reptoreef
03-28-2005, 12:31 AM
After you rescape, let me suggest leaving the lights off for that day... you're gonna be kicking up alot of detritus and putting phosphates back up for a bit. Just run that skimmer hard(kinda wet) and throw in a couple of extra powerheads to keep circulation high(any settling will just fuel an additional HA bloom).

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
03-28-2005, 12:38 AM
Thanks Repto. I just did a water change today with the new oceanic salt. I'm not going to re aquascape the entire tank. Just a few of the top rocks so there are some shaded spots for the low light corals. The fox is about the only thing that seems to dislike the bright light. Since I can't get it any lower in the tank I will just have to give it an umbrella.

All of the new corals seem to be doing great. The only one I'm concerned about is the galaxea. It doesn't seem to open up as much as the rest of them. Any suggestions on the proper care of this coral would be appreciated.

Angie

Reptoreef
03-28-2005, 09:28 AM
I posted on your "galaxea" thread.

Repto