PDA

View Full Version : oh sh%$

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
04-01-2005, 01:26 PM
I had a few rocks that slid and in trying to fix the rock slide I pulled my huge feather duster right out of its tube. I didn't realize that is was attached to the bottom of one of the rocks. When I moved it , I saw what had happened. What will happen to the duster now that it doesn't have a "home" to retract into? Is there anything I can do? (I know, I've done enough :( )
Angie

dakar
04-01-2005, 10:41 PM
Oh no.... Just a SWAG from both Angel and I, just let him be and he should be able to grow a new home. They start life without one so I'd a assume they can build a new one. Maybe someone else knows for certain?

BTW the one Angel has pretty much permanently attatched itself to the underside of a rock as well seems to be common to do that.

Reptoreef
04-02-2005, 12:02 AM
It should regrow it's tube... the only real concern may be irritation or predation from other tank critters.

Reef_Angel
04-03-2005, 12:20 PM
When I read your post girl, I said the same thing you did!! I hope it turns out ok. It sure is a pretty feather duster. Mine doesn't have the color like yours. Mine is a simple tan and brown. It did attach itself to the bottom of a rock, so maybe leave it close by one and hope. Angie, Angie, Angie.... when it rains it pours!!! Hang in there! :)

Sea~Horse~Whisperer
04-03-2005, 03:30 PM
All is well with the duster. I'm not to happy about the fact that is in a "less than perfect" viewable spot, BUT It will recover!!! It has already rebuilt 1/4 of it's tube. Al least now it can retract it's feather top when it is bothered or scared. Thanks for all of the concern. Luckily it will be fine. I feel so much better now, lol. I will post the pics of the new tube as soon as i can.

Thanks,

Angie

Reef_Angel
04-03-2005, 09:08 PM
What an amazing creature! I can't wait to see the pics Angie. Thank goodness!
.....Angel :)