PDA

View Full Version : Reef Aquarium Fish Lemon Peel Problems

kmmahan
04-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Has anybody had a lemonpeel angel in their tank? Can you describe your experience with this fish and other tank mates and coral? I just got a lemonpeel and I read that he is suppose to be semi-aggressive but safe for other tank mates beside other angels but yesterday I saw him pick at my brittle star whom I adore-- I don't want him to force my star into permanent hiding-- was the lemonpeel just being curious or do you think he will be a constant problem for the brittlestar?

Reptoreef
04-03-2005, 01:26 PM
"picking" is a big problem with most angels... As far as always being a perminant pest, depends on if he can find some otherthings to nip at.

kmmahan
04-03-2005, 01:58 PM
do you think I can put something in a clip for him to "pick" at to divert his attention from other things? And if so . . . what would you suggest that I put in the clip?

dakar
04-03-2005, 03:38 PM
We tried some of that foil packed seaweed stuff clipped to the side of the tank, on rocks, all sorts of for a butterfly and our tang... they didn't seem to care for it at all.... neither did anything else...but you may have better luck with it.

Reptoreef
04-04-2005, 12:29 AM
Generally just a problem with most angels(reef safe... yea right). I've known many to have complete success though. Hit n miss with some high risk attached.