PDA

View Full Version : Frag tank up and running

Limpit
05-21-2005, 04:54 PM
I finally got a tank set up and I am going to try my hand at some fragging. Its only a 29 gallon that I was using for a hospital tank but I am going to pick up another one for that purpose. I built a two tier rack system out of white plastic grid and siliconed PVC legs onto it. Filled it up last night and took some extra LR I had to get things going. Had a nice sized piece of Tonga rock and took a chisel to that to make some frag bases.
Going to let everything sit a week before I add anything else just to let things settle down.
I have had pretty good luck with my shrooms so I am going to start with them first and maybe some polyps of some kind. Don't think I will have anything ready for Foster and Smiths in August but I have to start sometime. Lets hope its the thrill of victory and not the agony of defeat!
:mrgreen:

Reptoreef
05-21-2005, 05:01 PM
How about some pics???

Limpit
05-21-2005, 05:53 PM
O.K. but theres not much to look at.
I'll post something later tonight.

Limpit
05-21-2005, 09:50 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v358/Limpit/fragtank5-21-05.jpg
Like I said, not much to look at right now.

dakar
05-21-2005, 11:27 PM
Ahh the wonders of eggcrate.... ever wonder if the guys that make those diffuser panels ever know some of the hundreds of uses we have for it?

Looking good.

Is it tied into your main tank as well or stand-alone?

Limpit
05-21-2005, 11:33 PM
Stand alone, I did not want to tie it into my main tank in case trouble started brewing with something.

lReef lKeeper
03-17-2006, 03:09 PM
where can i get some of that eggcrate?? my lfs don't carry it

dakar
03-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Home Depot or most any hardware store.... *They* will recognize it by name as a light diffuser panel, oddly ehough most likely can be found in the area of the accoustic/drop ceiling panels and not in the lighting dept.

lReef lKeeper
03-17-2006, 04:28 PM
thank man, i think im gonna have to go get me some of that tonight