PDA

View Full Version : crazy yellow thing

ocean
06-10-2005, 12:30 PM
i have this crazy yellow thing on sliding around the glass on my tank. It is big enough were i could remove it with a tweezers but its bright yellow and has spikes all over it and it moves like a snail. Would anyone help me out on this crazy thing. i hope its a good guy.

dakar
06-10-2005, 01:14 PM
Ummmmm.... can you post a picture? That'd make ID's better than crazy yellow thing a tad bit easier... :lol:

ocean
06-10-2005, 01:25 PM
yeah i don't have a digital cam so ill have to get the film developed ill have it tomorrow

Reptoreef
06-10-2005, 02:07 PM
Sounds like a type of cuke(does it have a "featherduster-type face) or a bristle worm.

perpetual98
06-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Some sort of nudibranch probably

Reef_Angel
06-10-2005, 09:17 PM
I was going to say it sounds like a sea cucumber also. It may have hitchhiked in on something you purchased recently. If it is, this a good guy! It's a detrius eating machine and will grow quite large literally eating all the crap laying around in your tank. His deposits will be a white silt like material that goes right back to the sand bed nice and clean. I hope this is what he turns out to be! Post a picture for us to identify him for ya!! :) ....Angel

ocean
06-14-2005, 06:52 PM
I don't think its a bristle worm. i believe he hitch hiked on a rock of brown polyps i bought from "a world of fish" right next to the mall of America favorite fish store in the world. and they don't carry anything but aquatics. but i am sorry for the delay on the pic but i will get one... i haven't seen him for a couple of days i wondering if my coral angel ate him or if hes just in the sand but ill post a pic when i catch him out and about