PDA

View Full Version : Calcium, Alk, Mg & pH Calcium Reactor

whitedove359
07-26-2010, 01:44 PM
Does Coralife make good Calcium Reactors?

who does? whats the best kind to get?

What do you recomend for a 150 gallon tank that is going to have a sump that is 45 inches long, 14 inhes wide, and 16 inches high? I already have a PH Controller and a 20 lbs co2 tank with a regulator that I used for the tank when it was a plant tank....

XSiVE
07-26-2010, 02:21 PM
Does Coralife make good Calcium Reactors?

who does? whats the best kind to get?

What do you recomend for a 150 gallon tank that is going to have a sump that is 45 inches long, 14 inhes wide, and 16 inches high? I already have a PH Controller and a 20 lbs co2 tank with a regulator that I used for the tank when it was a plant tank....

I wouldn't consider much, if any equipment made my coralife "good"... their dry goods in my experience under-perform what they rate them on performing. Construction quality is decent, but you can find a lot better products for the price. I wont be buying any of their products any time soon.

I don't know specifics on good calcium reactors who makes a good one, etc, but I know a lot of people have had luck with DIY systems.

Honestly, as I said in your other thread I don't believe you should need a Calcium reactor, at least not for quite some time(think 2 years down the road)... There are a lot of ways to maintain Ca and Alk in a reef, a Calcium reactor is just one of them which happens to be the most expensive, complex, or even dangerous IMO.