PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Schedule

adalius
07-26-2010, 05:52 PM
As I pondered in another thread, I think it would be useful for others to see what you feed and how often.
In the interest of keeping this somewhat scientific, please be as specific as you can with things such as how much you feed. Saying you feed a teaspoon of flakes is much better than 'a pinch'. I don't think we need to go crazy and say 'I feed 1.25 grams of mysis', but a common measuring spoon size would be good, like 1/4 cup, 1/2 tablespoon, etc.

So, if you'd like to contribute, please fill out the following information in a response, or suggest something I'm missing.

Also, it would make sense only to count things that have a solid impact on the water chemistry. For instance, you wouldn't count those tiiiiiiny fan worms that hitch on live rock but you would count hermit crabs.

Item| Amount |
Total Tank Volume (Including Sump/Fuge):||Gallons
Filtration Equipped: ||
Number of Fish (Omnivores): ||
Number of Fish (Herbivores): ||
Number of Inverts (Scavengers): ||
Number of Inverts (Filter Feeders): ||
Number of Inverts (Target Fed): ||(Items You Feed Directly With Baster Or Stick)
Feeding Schedule (Item - Amount - How Often):||

adalius
07-26-2010, 06:03 PM
So here's mine.
Item| Amount |
Total Tank Volume (Including Sump/Fuge):|29|Gallons
Filtration Equipped: |BC29 Built-In Trickle Filter. Bag Of Purigen. 50# Liverock|
Number of Fish (Omnivores): |2|
Number of Fish (Herbivores): |0|
Number of Inverts (Scavengers): |25|
Number of Inverts (Filter Feeders): |0|
Number of Inverts (Target Fed): |1|(Items You Feed Directly With Baster Or Stick)
Feeding Schedule (Item - Amount - How Often):|H20 Life Spirulina/Mysis Cubes - One Cube (~5g) - 2x Wk|
|Flake Food - Quarter Teaspoon - Daily, sometimes split to 2-3 feedings|
|Sinking Pellets - 2-3 Pellets - Every 3-4 Days|

Sir Patrick
07-26-2010, 10:55 PM
Item| Amount |
Total Tank Volume (Including Sump/Fuge):|aprox 30|Gallons
Filtration Equipped: |2 cpr backpak skimmers, hot mag w/ carbon, liverock, cheato, and mb7|
Number of Fish (Omnivores): |4|
Number of Inverts (Scavengers): |1o or so hermits, couple snails|
Number of Inverts (Filter Feeders): |aprox 7 sponge|
Number of Inverts (Target Fed): |21|(Items You Feed Directly With Baster Or Stick)
Feeding Schedule (Item - Amount - How Often):|about a gram/night, right before lights out broadcast style, and another gram baster fed every other day, fish get aprox 20 pellets of spectrum thera+a w/ garlic daily|

I feed reef stew- heres the ingredients-

cyclopeeze
squid
fresh shrimp
PE mysis shrimp
mackerel
gobies
cuttle fish
octopus
rotifers
prawn roe
Nori
krill
fomula 2
Omega One Marine Pellets
Omega One Veggie Pellets
Omega One Flakes
Golden Pearls (mix of sizes)
ESV Spray Dried Phytoplankton
Reef Chili
Reef Roids
Zoplan Zoaplankton

All mixed up in a blender and frozen.

cg5071
07-27-2010, 09:48 AM
Item| Amount |
Total Tank Volume (Including Sump/Fuge):| 100g |Gallons
Filtration Equipped: | turbofloter 1000, carbon, purigen |
Number of Fish (Omnivores): | 8|
Number of Fish (Herbivores): |1|
Number of Inverts (Scavengers): |20|
Number of Inverts (Filter Feeders): |alot|
Number of Inverts (Target Fed): |7|(Items You Feed Directly With Baster Or Stick)
Feeding Schedule (Item - Amount - How Often):|2-3 times daily flakes and pellets, 1 frozen mysis cube every 2-3 days|

i target feed the mysis cubes to the anemone (now anemones) and certain corals, fish get some
i feed in rotation 5-6 chunky flakes of aquadine enriched w/ zoe, 20-30 pellets of life spectrum pellet, 1/2 teaspoon omega flakes, mix of cyclopeeze, brine and zoe daily to small cardinals in different tank and extra into main tank. 2oz? turkey baster.
1/4 algea sheet occasionally

cg5071
07-27-2010, 10:09 AM
just to let others know (i had to figure it out)
hit the quote button and paste to answer box
fill in answers between the lines. ex. II
erase "quote" if you want

adalius
07-27-2010, 05:15 PM
Ah, sorry, forgot to put instructions up there for that. Thanks for explaining it to others!

Mouthstofeed
04-02-2011, 07:08 PM
[table]Item| Amount |72
Total Tank Volume (Including Sump/Fuge):||Gallons
Filtration Equipped: |Sump, 250 coralife skimmer, fuge|
Number of Fish (Omnivores): |8|
Number of Fish (Herbivores): |1|
Number of Inverts (Scavengers): |12|
Number of Inverts (Filter Feeders): |15|
Number of Inverts (Target Fed): |3|(Items You Feed Directly With Baster Or Stick)
Feeding Schedule (Item - Amount - How Often):|1 or 2 frozen cubes daily and about a teaspoon of a mixture of Phyto, oyster, archipod and cyclops daily|

Davevg
07-14-2011, 07:26 AM
Item| Amount |
Total Tank Volume (Including Sump/Fuge):|55|Gallons
Filtration Equipped: |Sump, 125 coralife super skimmer, fuge|
Number of Fish (Omnivores): |1|
Number of Inverts (Scavengers): |0|
Number of Inverts (Filter Feeders): |Clove polyps, couple of gorgs|
Number of Inverts (Target Fed): |0|(Items You Feed Directly With Baster Or Stick)
Feeding Schedule (Item - Amount - How Often):|Coral frenzy a pinch sorry no idea, TLF reef snow two full caps sometimes I mix in a little Coral Frenzy, Mysis for all LPS two cubes every two weeks and all this is changed up from week to week and I only feed once maybe twice a week|

Love this thread by the way