PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Controller

vittleking
07-27-2010, 08:00 PM
looking to buy an affordable controller. Doesn't have to be anything fancy, but would like something that controls the lights, temp, and PH. Anything above that would be a bonus. I have some spare 50/55 gallon tanks and some stands, JBJ power compact light 48", a buncha bioballs to trade if you need anything like that also. Have a few zoo frags I could trade towards it also.

bkss709
07-28-2010, 01:18 PM
I have a Profilux Plus II Controller does anything and everything and it has the Salinity Card in it all you need to do is Buy the Prob and it comes with a new Temp Prob and Computer cable and Tunze pump cable.

$225.00 +shipping
http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu322/bkss709_2009/Profilux%20Controller/DSC04300.jpg

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu322/bkss709_2009/Profilux%20Controller/DSC04299.jpg

vittleking
07-28-2010, 01:27 PM
that looks really really cool, but I'm looking for a cheapy one. If I can't find a nice used one, I think I'm going with the $99 Digital aquatics one. I'm very new to the hobby and probly couldn't even understand how to use soemthing this advanced LOL.

tankdude
07-28-2010, 01:38 PM
If you want something cheap and easy, look into the reef keeper light, $99 and you have a nice little system. I use mine just for lights and temp, very easy to use.

vittleking
07-28-2010, 06:47 PM
yeah, thats probly the route I will go tank dude. If I can find a used one with a few more features I will go that route, but that digital aquatics one for $99 is looking like the way to go right now.

pjr
07-28-2010, 10:30 PM
$225 is a GREAT deal for that PII controller!! Brian, does it come with the power bar? If so, which one?

bkss709
08-01-2010, 10:22 AM
$225 is a GREAT deal for that PII controller!! Brian, does it come with the power bar? If so, which one?

No Power Bar never bought one but it does come with the Salinity Card but still needs the Salinity Prob to make it work plus it come with Tunze 1 cable and Computer Cable , New Temp Prob $90.00 value just bought and extra Cables.

vittleking
08-01-2010, 10:44 AM
so what all would I have to buy to get this thing up and running? Tempted LOL.

bkss709
08-01-2010, 12:47 PM
so what all would I have to buy to get this thing up and running? Tempted LOL.

It all matters what you want to use it for right now right now and what you want it to control on your tank. Right now it has all the updated software and comes with New Temp Prob , Tunze 1 controller cable , Computer cable , Power Bar 5 meter Extension cord.

vittleking
08-01-2010, 01:48 PM
I"m kind of new and don't understand what your talking about LOL. Sorry bud. I just want to monitor and control temp,lights, and PH mainly. I don't really understand how these things work just yet. THats another reason I'm kinda leaning towards a more basic model, but this thing seems like it does a whole lot.

bkss709
08-01-2010, 03:23 PM
I"m kind of new and don't understand what your talking about LOL. Sorry bud. I just want to monitor and control temp,lights, and PH mainly. I don't really understand how these things work just yet. THats another reason I'm kinda leaning towards a more basic model, but this thing seems like it does a whole lot.

Then all you need is to add the Power Bar and you will need a new PH Prob for this controller to monitor PH and the Proflux Digital 6 strip Power Bar will work your Light and Heater and other things to. This unit is very easy to work with when you hook it up to a computer and down load the software for your computer.