PDA

View Full Version : Shrimp Very friendly shrimp!

Hitokiri
06-28-2005, 08:18 PM
lol#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I love my fire and cleaner shrimps!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
As soon as I put my hand in the tank, the fire shrimp goes right for it.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
When I put my face near the tank, the cleaner shrimp tried to jump on
it! I think I'm going to slap a leash on them, take them to the park
and play fetch ;p#ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Reef_Angel
06-29-2005, 03:55 PM
I knew you would love them when you were first asking questions about them. I had to laugh when you talked about having the guy at the LFS store picking the toughest shrimp out for you. I wanted to tell you then how friendly they can be, but I thought I'd wait and see how long it would take until they buddied up to you! My cleaner shrimp is my pal. Whenever I have something to work on in the tank, he pops out from whatever rock he's hiding under and jumps on my arm for his ride around the tank on my arm. He'll go all the way up my arm, and on some occasions he gives me a treat, comes out of the tank and checks out my hair. He'll clean my face a bit and then he'll head back down my arm and back into the tank. I'm very attached to him now. I'd feel awful if anything ever happenend to him. I'm glad your enjoying your shrimp. I take it they are eating just fine! :-D

Hitokiri
06-29-2005, 04:55 PM
Oh yeah. They both KNOW when its feeding time and catch all the brine
shrimp flying passed them.The fire shrimp sometimes does flips to grab
falling food. This is a recent thing, but he seems to be doing it more
;p They are both still a bit cautious as when I make a move while they
are on me, they jump off.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#They can live outside of the tank?!

Reef_Angel
06-29-2005, 05:14 PM
They're not supposed to live outside the tank, but my cleaner shrimp makes his gutsy trip when my arm is deep in the tank. Keep in mind we have a 180G tank, so it's a short trip to my shoulder and hair! He doesn't waste time. He just says "hi" and goes back down into the water! I have no idea why he does it. :)