PDA

View Full Version : Anemones LTA question

jshsedgwick
06-30-2005, 11:32 AM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i'm reasearching the posibility of having an LTA in the future but i need to know what they eat. what kind of lighting they need. what temperature they should be at and how strong of a currrent to put them by. that sort of stuff and if you can think of any other type of information you think i should know or wold like to put in it would be appreciated. thank you.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

m1a1fixer
07-02-2005, 02:36 AM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you read my blog on CR you'll find that I had a few LTA's pop out of my rock work after I got it into my tank. I feed them some of the larger peices of krill out of the jar I bought at the LFS. I think they'll basically eat anything that will fit into the slit (mouth) in the middle of thier body. I began to feed mine about 2-3 weeks ago and they have doubled in size, from about 1" tip-to-tip to about 3-4" tip-to-tip. I feed them by hand. I always avoid the tenticles and haven't been stung yet, that I've noticed. Mine seem to enjoy medium to low current. That makes sense since in the wild they pretty much rely on catching what floats by to eat.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

carpenterwrasse
07-02-2005, 03:19 PM
most of what anemones that are on live rock are aptassia lta need a good amount of light current that i have experinced isn't as important as lighting but they like to host a clownfish they are happiest then

jshsedgwick
07-02-2005, 07:39 PM
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thanks for the info ill keep the feeding, lighting, and current settings in mind.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#