[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

Basics

This is our general discussion forum. If you're not sure where to post, feel free to post here. It covers topics about about tanks, stands, sumps, refugiums, salt, substrate, liverock, disasters, new to reefing, propagation setups, etc.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... Last
  1. Getting my feet wet again

Needed your guys help. I have been out of saltwater aquarium few years now because of family issue. Now I wanted to start it back up. I do have all...
    Started by GOOKRACING, 07-31-2018 09:58 PM

Sub-Topic:

Salt & Water
  2. calibrating problems

Hi everyone. I have a Digital Aquatics reef keeper with SL2 module on it. I calibrate probe with 53.0 mS conductivity solution then i used solution...
    Started by scottsreef, 08-28-2014 06:18 PM

Sub-Topic:

Salt & Water
  3. ro/di still have tds

Hi, just put in a brand new ro/di unit and went from 340 tds to 6 tds. is this normal? thought it should be 0 tds. also just a trickle/ drips come...
    Started by jay13, 03-12-2011 05:22 PM
    4 Pages
    1 2 3 ... 4

Sub-Topic:

Salt & Water
  4. salt

I think i may have made a mistake! I set up my tank with instant ocean sea salt and this weekend my lfs was out of it so i went with reef crystals....
    Started by Rpalt1, 11-18-2013 08:56 PM
    4 Pages
    1 2 3 ... 4

Sub-Topic:

Salt & Water
  5. Salt Choice

Looking to use a better quality salt for my tank this time around. I've heard a lot about Salinity by AquaVitro, Red Sea Coral Pro, and Neo Marine by...
    Started by ETBReefer05, 07-28-2013 06:27 PM

Sub-Topic:

Salt & Water
  6. Anyone using Tropic Marin Bio-Actif salt?

I have used Reef Crystals for years now and decided to change salts. The Tropic Marin Bio-Actif salt is supposed to aid the skimmer. Anyone have any...
    Started by larryandlaura, 10-10-2012 11:03 AM
    2 Pages
    1 2

Sub-Topic:

Salt & Water
  7. Salinity Drop?

What are acceptable levels that my salinity can drop between WC? It's gone from 35 to 33 in the last 10 days. Have some salt creep around skimmer...
    Started by MizTanks, 07-10-2013 02:35 PM

Sub-Topic:

Salt & Water
  8. Detroit Water and chloramines

I have had a hard time finding the correct info on this so now that Ive spoken to a person with a phd in chemical engineer and a masters in material...
    Started by simonbenjamin, 05-10-2013 05:15 AM

Sub-Topic:

Salt & Water
  9. DIY Salt Mix Filter

Do you filter your salt water mix before a water change? I use Reef Crystals and usually make 15 gallon batches for water changes. I circulate the...
    Started by HeiHei29er, 04-21-2013 11:36 PM

Sub-Topic:

Salt & Water
  10. Problems

Tank was five months old and had fish, corals, and anemones. Also, detris package. At six months, tank took spike in phosphates and calcium. Was...
    Started by Motownbrown6301, 04-12-2013 07:43 AM

Sub-Topic:

Salt & Water
  11. Poll: Salinity - 1.025 or 1.026?

So, I started with my tank at 1.025, and after reading several threads, saw at least most people posting were running 1.026. I'm wondering if...
    Started by Danroth, 03-13-2013 11:21 PM

Sub-Topic:

Salt & Water
  12. Water level/Skimmer Box?

I've got a dilemma. My pre-skimmer box keeps draining I think due to the fluctuation in the tanks water level. I have my ATO pumping into my fuge,...
    Started by MizTanks, 03-24-2013 05:03 PM

Sub-Topic:

Salt & Water

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... Last

Thread Display Options

Use this control to limit the display of threads to those newer than the specified time frame.

Allows you to choose the data by which the thread list will be sorted.

Order threads in...

Note: when sorting by date, 'descending order' will show the newest results first.

Icon Legend

Contains unread posts
Contains no unread posts
Hot thread with unread posts
Hot thread with no unread posts
Thread is closed
You have posted in this thread