[Timezone Detection]
Create Account - Join in Seconds!

User Name: Email Address:
Human Verification

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

A Tank Story - The Log of Mutt's 20 gal

Bookmark and Share
    mutts - Reefkeeper Registered User
    First Name
    Manda Wolf

Default A Tank Story - The Log of Mutt's 20 gal

I started out with a 20L tank.

As of right now it has:

Maxi-Jet 1200 (295 GPH) Power Head
    Fission Nano-Skimmer
    Millennium 3000 Wet-Dry Filter
    20 lbs of Live Sand (Black and White)

My filter has two spots for filter media so I removed one and put my skimmer in there. That way there is less in my tank, and if my skimmer acts up water won't somehow spill everywhere.

Here is a picture as of now, not much to look at yet I know, but I am trying!!!

Let me know what you think!
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

lReef lKeeper - Reefkeeper CR Member
    First Name
    Bobby

looking good Amanda, what are you planning on keeping in this tank ??

First Name
    Manda Wolf

The plan is a pair of black and white clowns, hopefully a rose BTA or just a BTA, I want another sun coral, and everything that is in my 5 gal right now. I want colorful corals that are easy to keep and good looking. Anything you suggest?
    ~Amanda~

It is really nice to see you here in this thread. While your online how about you go over to the TOTM thread and enter or vote. It will only take a minute

First Name
    Bobby

well the first i would suggest would be some Ricordea's, Greg has some crazy orange ones. green with pink tip frogspawn is a hardy coral. i could go on all day, lets get the lighting and everything first. what kind of lighting are you gonna have ?? i have a flourescent green finger leather, but its not big enough to frag yet. i will keep you in mind when he gets there though. green star polyps, like i said i could go on all day. lets just get everything in order first.

First Name
    Manda Wolf

I love Greg's rics. I have been PMing him here and on his site trying to figure out what shipping would cost. If I could get an answear I thought was resonable I would get one.

As for lighting I have 160 W of NO. Two if the bulbs are the GE (I believe, the ones you get at Home Depot), a 50/50, and I can't remember off the top of my head right now what the fourth is. But it is another corallife bulb.

Once the tank is though its cycle it is going to get all of the coarl from my 55 gal. Due to the whole bubble issue, in order to keep my corals from dieing.

I got last weekend 10 lbs of live rock and 5 sand snails. I need to get a bigger clean up crew, but they are okay for right now.

Heres a picture of it. I love the way the aqua scape turned out. It is now my fav looking tank.
    ~Amanda~

First Name
    Manda Wolf

Here we go again.

I added a few more snails, I need some more to have a better clean up crew, but I have a nice population of pods... all the spots on the glass - thats some of them.

I added my green stars did a little bit of fragging on them so I have more then one in there, I also added my bubble coral and my torch coral.

Everything seems to be doing good. I have some hair algea but not much. Every 3 days of so I turn off my filter and add some filter feeder food and let that stir around in there for a few hours. On those days I take my torch coral out and feed him in a bowl.

Let me know what you think!!!
    ~Amanda~

First Name
    Bobby

well i see you got another sun coral !! the tank looks good Amanda !!

First Name
    Manda Wolf

thanks bobby!

but that is the same sun coral... I moved him out of the 55 so he didn't get over ran with algae.
    ~Amanda~

First Name
    Bobby

my bad !! since it is the same one, why not frag that one instead of buying another one ?? it looks big enough to frag, but then again i cant see the back side of it.

First Name
    Manda Wolf

i'm kind of worried about fragging anything, i have killed everything i have tryed to frag so far! and i really like my sun coral, so i don't want to kill it.
    ~Amanda~